1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking at "sports" cars

Discussion in 'General' started by casjoker, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

Buy an S2000 for half the price and spend the rest on mods and track days.

2. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

3. Brian129

Brian129 Too many projects

4. Yeah? We are thinking about selling ours. Low miles, unmodified, adult owned, located in TN. PM me if you want more info,

5. Phl218

Phl218 .

The sheik said something about ticking timebombs...?

I'd love to put a 996tt in my garage one day but that statement scared me a bit. Haven't researched it on rennlist though.

Btw, OP, check forum marketplaces for your favorites! Sometimes best deals out there!

6. MGarrett50

MGarrett50 Ready. Set. Go.

MazdaSpeed 3 if you can find one. Probably under $25K. It's not a Porsche, but it's fun as hell. :D

7. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

E92 335is. Buy one right and with ~2k$ in mods you can have a very potent toy. Nice around town and not too shabby on the track.

8. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Not sure how close you are to Bowling Green...the new Corvette track has put on two different car track days this past month. I'm don't know how much actual time you get on track but the price was only $75.

I was going to drive my E30 there but I didn't want to have something happen on-track and then I'm stuck in Bowling Green.

I saw some pics from the last event and people brought every kind of vehicle imaginable and appeared to be having a blast.

Here's a link to the next event http://www.motorsportspark.org/event/trackx-3/

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  9. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

The current and previous gen coyote engine Mustang is a crap ton of car at around $35k. Used examples are low to mid 20s. At least drive one. Camaro too. There isn't much else out there with 400+hp, a warranty, and low running costs when that warranty expires. That said, I wouldn't blame you for going STi either.

10. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

+1 on the new Mustangs.

STI is a great car, but it's running a 10+ year old engine now. Chassis is all-new, but I'd wait a year to see if they update the engine. The WRX is still a lot of car for the money.
    I love the BRZ from what I've seen/read, but haven't driven one yet. I'm afraid I'd be left wanting more power.
    Used 997 would be a very nice ride too.

11. ACDNate

ACDNate Well-Known Member

That KTM looks awfully interesting for the price. Wonder if I can wedge my big ass in one of those?

12. minman26

minman26 Well-Known Member

Find a clean, low mileage E46 M3 for $20-25k. Not many better cars out there that'd you'd rather drive to/from the track with (and around town) and still have a capable track weapon.

13. SamS

SamS Well-Known Member

I'd use a turbo'd Miata rather than a BRZ for a track car / motorcycle replacement. For $35k you could supercharge and upgrade suspension on a BRZ to make a great track car, but you'd need a convertible to feel like a bike.

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

a car that is relatively cheap used and revs like a bike, and handles excellent is a Mazda RX-8

15. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

Meh, dump some cash into the Sti and you'll be running around with a reliable 400whp.

16. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

996 non turbos have some sort of IMS, intermediate shaft seal issue that causes the engine to grenade. Turbos do not have the issue and about 100 more hp to boot.

17. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

That's the Polaris, not the KTM.

18. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

^^^This

19. ACDNate

ACDNate Well-Known Member

Doh! Yeah the Polaris.

20. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Pontiac Fiero.