1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HIgh Blood Pressure

Discussion in 'General' started by Greg S, Feb 3, 2015.

1. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Yeah, that was my reaction too!...then I looked at those cheap frozen dinners, yowza!

My research said the nurse nailed it......unfortunately.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Start at salt and stress and go from there. Evelyne has been on BP meds since I've known her, better diet helped cut the dose but until she figures out how to retire the stress will never be gone. I fully expect she'll be off meds within months of ever selling WERA.

3. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

My wife is on Lisnopril. One of theside effects is coughing - some kind of enzyme side effect triggering a nerve/reflex causing the cough.:down:

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Evelyne has had that with a couple of the bp meds, they're better than the beta blockers were but it sucks. Not sure what she's on right now but so far so good.

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I got nothing to help except to say stay out of the Dungeon here on the BBS and if Mongo asks you to become a mod on his bbs for a few days, hang up the phone fast. :D

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wonder if I'll ever get back from that cruise? :D

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yah know, I kinda hope not. I kinda like being the janitor around here. It makes me laugh. :D

Ya' know, since I'm not all that smart and get amused by shiny objects and shit. :crackup:

8. MGarrett50

MGarrett50 Ready. Set. Go.

Funny. The race track is where i go to lose the stress. Nice to be the help for a change. :D

9. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

^^Lots of good advise here. Limit sodium intake, exercise, reduce your stress level. And, the biggest thing you can do according to every doctor I talked to about it...proper sleep. Sleep disorders cause more HBP than most anything else.

10. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

And lower the amount of grain intake as it's been shown to cause inflammation in arteries.

11. slower than u

slower than u Well-Known Member

Good stuff - been on meds for about 5 years , they arent so bad - I was headed down a bad road and they have helped me out a lot.I was having chest pains and shortness of breath while riding my MTB.Did a stress test and found my pressures to be very high - taking a pill now and all is well.Only advice I can give that hasnt been listed is avoid that Lisnopril stuff - I coughed my head off for 3 days on that crap - lol - Good luck and listen to the Doc.

12. SBKBee

SBKBee Owner: FZ hotel

Every one is different been on Lisinopril for years, only time I cough is when Doc asks me to turn my head.

13. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

That's quite the story of "How I became a Mod". :up:

14. meowculpa

meowculpa Well-Known Member

Ask her to switch from ACEI (lisinopril) to ARB class (like cozaar , diovan , micardis etc ) - should do the trick. not on the 10/- list but insurance should cover it if there is documented adverse reaction.

15. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Some of us are just predisposed to hypertension issues. Good advice here already given about diet and exercise. One thing I'd add is watch the "low fat" food products: usually they add salt to make up for lack of flavor. Stay away from boxed meals/ready to eat items. Prepare your meals yourself so you can control the sodium and fat content.

If any questions about your meds let me know. (I'm a pharmacist)

16. rhinorsv

rhinorsv Well-Known Member

Chia

chia seeds naturally lowers BP...add em to protein shake...lemonade...yogurt

they've helped me with BP for years...

17. ew422

ew422 Well-Known Member

^This + Prescription 420 ;)