1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VETMotorsports will hold a fundraising event on Saturday, February 7.

Discussion in 'General' started by Silo Pete, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

January 29, 2015 Upper Arlington, Ohio

VETMotorsports will hold "Firebase Rock", a fundraising event on Saturday, February 7 2015 in Columbus, Ohio. Proceeds of the event will benefit VETMotorsports, a not-for-profit 501(c)3 organization, which embeds disabled veterans into motor sports activities. The non-clinical outreach program is focused on Afghanistan and Iraq veterans, and VETMotorsports has assisted veterans throughout the United States. A short documentary film about veteran recovery will be debuted, shot at the 2014 Indy Mile by a disabled veteran film crew with VETMotorsports and the Bonneville Performance, Castrol/Triumph Factory AMA Pro Flat Track Racing Team. The film draws attention to the positive effects of placing veterans into motorsports and the current Iraq/Afghanistan veteran suicide rate of 22 per day. The event will starts at 6 pm at King Avenue 5, $10 at the door with raffle tickets being sold throughout the evening.

Collaborating with VETMotorsports will be Columbus Love, who have chosen VETMotorsports as February's local community project. Between February 7th and March 6th the majority of proceeds from every t-shirt sold by Columbus Love will go directly towards the funding VETMotorsports' non-clinical outreach programming. Also highlighting the community involvement at Firebase Rock will be local public radio station 90.5 WCBE, Four String Brewing Co. and Mingo Town Music. Jim Coe (WCBE's Community Relations, Underwriting & Business Development) will be the event m/c. For every Four String Brewing Co. pint sold, VETMotorsports will receive $2. Mingo Town Music, a label from Central Ohio, will be featuring diverse talent on stage throughout the evening. Raffle items have been provided by Four String Brewing Co., Gerbing Heated Apparel, Lock-n-Load Java, The Mid-Ohio School, Mingo Town Music, Ohio Valley Region of the Sports Car Club of America, Reto-a-GoGo and Rev'It! Clothing, and Triumph Motorcycles.

Those wishing to donate but unable to attend are encouraged visit http://www.vetmotorsports.org/donate/

Those wishing to purchase a t-shirt to support VETMotorsports should visit www.columbuslove.co/shop or simply www.columbuslove.co from February 1st through March 6th.

Event details can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1502736586654711/

Attached Files:

2. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Bump for Pete!

3. Silo Pete

Thanks Joe!

Corrected- the majority of t-shirt proceeds will be donated to VETMotorsports from 2/7/15 through 3/5/15!

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hey Pete, what you doing for the 2015 season?

5. Silo Pete

I had to retire from all racing. Between the injuries and working with the veterans, I had to make a decision really was for the better of the sport.

That being said, there are a few things VETMotorsports will be doing and places we are going that I can't really mention here.

Whatcha' got for me Davey?

:)

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I was seeing if you were going to run a team again.

7. Silo Pete

It's about money. How much is there. I'd rather see tax donations get us, to the veterans and then us into the teams that get what we are trying to do.