1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gas for $1.99 a gallon around here.

Discussion in 'General' started by eggfooyoung, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Diesel $2.69. Regular $1.79 west of Fort Worth.

2. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

3. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

I'll be dambed..diesel got below 3.00 finally..2.85 at a Chevron station...Whoo hoo!!!!!! Now if I could only stash about 50 gals, oh wait, if I did that, the price would prolly drop to 2.50...:crackup:

4. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Trust me "Global research" is nothing but a liberal shill. Their "research" and "polls" have been debunked numerous times as having a heavy liberal slant.

The damn article contradicts itself all over the place.

It speaks of the 2008 oil price drop and how it caused the 2008 crash when in fact it was the other way around. The crash happened which lead to a massive reduction in oil demand all over the world, hence the price drop.

It then goes to quote how OPEC is declaring a price war on US oil, acknowledging that its not a market correction but a clear and direct purposeful reduction in price.

While i do agree that it will negatively affect the energy market i dont think its a doom and gloom situation as painted.

5. RxRC

RxRC Well-Known Member

Who cares. E85 is 95 cents a gallon in Minnesota. Might wanna get a conversion kit.

6. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Extreme premium on diesel

Seen on Monday . . .

Attached Files:

7. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

pa passed a bill for an extra .10 a gallon for road repairs on top of what they already had, so its not as cheap up here

8. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Damn, that diesel price is high. Diesel price around Orangeburg, SC is 2.87, gas is 1.97.

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

2.35 reg @ Costco
    2.60 reg NYC

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah it is, it's under $3 everywhere.

11. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Well, we've went from $1.72 to $2.09 in the past couple days.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not sure we ever dropped below 2.25 or so..

13. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Diesel was $2.61 this morning. $1.74 for 87.

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

"Brent crude oil price dips below $50 a barrel...
    The price of oil traded in the United States, known as West Texas Intermediate crude, has already fallen below $50."

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-30707638

15. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Gonna call my dad in Midland TX and tell him (again) that he needs to get his house on the market NOW & carry his happy ass to DFW. He retired 2 months ago and has been dragging his feet.

Right now there's an extreme housing shortage, but that can flip to the bad in no time flat just like it did in the early 80s.

16. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

At $1.75 now! Woot!!!

17. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

1.78 in North Texas.

I filled my tank, then ran to the Total Wine and bought a bottle of Famous Grouse, still cheaper than in November.

18. noupf

noupf Well-Known Member

how the fuck is norther NY more expensive than Long Island? Saw $2.39 today. I went to college in Oneonta ( i know thats more middle NY ) and always remember gas being $.05-.10 a gallon chaper than home on LI.

19. ms.madman

ms.madman Well-Known Member

Looks like $1.68 for the regular stuff up the street a few miles from me.

20. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

Screw gas prices, is anyone else buying uso/cvx/slb during this unnecessary blood bath?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.