1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Midwest leather shops??

Discussion in 'General' started by Team G, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Team G

Team G Wake me when its over

Since Alexa's retirement, are there any other recommendations for leather shops in the Midwest? I've heard of BB (KY), but having an ass that more resembles Kim Kardashian's rather than Daniel Craig's, it helps to go in for fittings rather than send out. As well, repairs, re-coloring, lettering, etc. I'm in the Milwaukee area.

Thanks!!

2. jt21

jt21 JFugginT

Dan at Sportbike leather service. He's in Michigan though. Great work.

3. barnacle bill

barnacle bill Darethea and B Bill

mid west leather shops?

man I don't know. Alexa's moved on to something else ( too much overhead ) and Tom the Tailor passed away ( RIP) . I miss talking to them , well I still talk to Alexa . you might try Dan @ sport bike leather service . I heard they bought Spyderleathers old equipment but I've never seen his work. I heard he could do upholstery though. 99% of our work is mail order . I have had customers come from as far away as Moscow ( yeah the one in Russia) to get a suit fitted . did you try to Google one yet? I'm amazed you've heard of us . we're pretty far back in the woods but most that visit like that but they don't have to mow the place or keep the trees trimmed back. I had one kid come once for an alteration when he was on leave ( ft. campbell) and he liked it so well he stayed over a week . he was young and didn't have much family close and really hit it off with our son ( video games and such) . we just guessed he didn't have anywhere else to go and we made him feel like family. Oh yeah , I got sidetracked there. old guys do that sometimes.
    There is Lionheart and Spartan in Indiana but I'm pretty sure they don't have anything but computers( they send their stuff to me for alterations and repairs) and it's hard to sew anything on them . You might try D's leathers in Ohio ( mostly flat track leathers). her daughter does some repairs and alterations and last but not least you can look in the yellow pages locally for an upholstery shop , yeah no kidding some of them are pretty versatile and they have the machines that will handle the material. that's what I gots . hope it can be of some help to ya. the best to all! Bill and Darethea

4. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Just send a pic of Kim Kardashian's ass and your suit to Bill, he'll get it sized right:D

5. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

Every time I have had Bill do alterations for me it's been spot on.

I believe he has a sizing chart on his site (blocked here at work) and you could get a local tailor to help with the measurements. Give BB a call and I am sure he can give you tips for getting the measurements right the first time.

(Or just pay him a visit and take a weekend to 'hike' the bourbon trail while in the area...)

6. Team G

Team G Wake me when its over

Great feedback, thanks :beer:

7. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

SOL. I thought moving to MKE would be cool then Alexa up and retires :(

BB or Sportbike Leather service and you're going to have to ship it out.

8. barnacle bill

barnacle bill Darethea and B Bill

real estate

there is some nice property for sale nearby if you like the country . actually the adjoining farm east of mine is for sale. 189 acres . great for trail riding and hunting too if you're so inclined( you can actually ride to our shop through the woods). but i seriously don't think you moved just for leather repair :- ) . all the best. bill and darethea