ducati 1299 oops

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Sep 22, 2014.

1. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I'm guessing in another 2 or 3 years they'll be racing a 1500cc v-twin.

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Will it come with a fire suit so people can ride it without broiling themselves?

4. nochknstrps

nochknstrps Well-Known Member

I like that Ducati keeps pushing. The Asian market is so stagnant. I do wonder how "rideable" it will be. Most reviews on liter bikes today comment on how demanding they are, more so with the 1199, especially when compared to the middle weights like the 899.

5. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

People here in town have been bugging the hell out of the guys in that pic, and everyone else at the dealership ever since that pic went up on FB. Needless to say, they ain't talkin.

6. Phl218

Phl218 .

Regarding the "leaked pic":

To quote (somebody):

"It was accidental and I believe there was some considerable fallout.

From what I was told that dealer personally called every major Ducati dealership and apologized."

That are some missed 1199 sales...

Wonder where that beast is going with205 HP!

7. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Middleweight? The 899?

Kawasaki is about to drop some ridiculous blown contraption and you nod your hat to Ducati for adding another 100cc to their "liter" bike? How did you not see that coming? It's happened pretty regularly for quite some time.

8. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Given that you can see the name on the plaque, it's an un-named dealer in PDX...

9. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

It's a little unclear as to whether the 1299 gets a displacement increase. I have been unable to find any info on the WSBK rules that allows an increase in displacement for twins. It sounds like the 1299 is getting some new internal parts to take advantage of the EVO based rules, but why change the name and not just keep it as the R?

10. nochknstrps

nochknstrps Well-Known Member

Yes, in the eyes of most motorcycle media the 899, gsxr750 and other bikes with displacement over 636cc and less than 1000cc are middleweights. I was not referencing the actual race class. And I not saying Ducati is being innovative but they sure don't sit on their hands when it comes to models year to year. With Kawasaki being the exception, I think most would agree that Japan is stagnant.

11. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

Seen any of new Yamahas lately? Cheap fun and kind of stylish.

12. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Lol don't mind mike:) anything Ducati is automatically shit to him:)

He means well, he just hates Italian twins:)

13. SethG

SethG Well-Known Member

So I guess this is one more year without a V4 in the lineup.

14. metricdevilmoto

Double post. Oops.

15. metricdevilmoto

Hey!

(It's not just Ducatis; it's all twins.)

:D

16. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Aaah, the Gillette approach to design. "Fuck it, we're going for six blades. Because more is better, that's why."