1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bombshell New AMA Series!

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Sep 3, 2014.

1. doublea

doublea Well-Known Member

That's what I thought as well, but remember when they said they were combining the 600 classes? I mean it was obviously before all the MotoAmerica goodness, but still....wonder if it will hold-
    http://www.amaproracing.com/rr/news/index.cfm?cid=58808

2. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I think that has to go out the window now, I mean would superstock 600s even be competitive against a gp chassis bike?

3. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

I just hope that if a Moto2 style class is introduced it is not as MOTO2 Rules ie the one make engine! Yes it would be harder to police if a HP limit is put on it but Dyno;s and mapping can fix that

4. leviathan

leviathan Well-Known Member

Spanish CEV and also the All Japan Championship both have Moto2 bikes and production bikes on track together. From what I've been told, they play together just fine.
    Check the J-GP2 class results.

http://www.motoracing-japan.com/results/roadrace/r2014_02.html

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  5. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

+1

Couldn't be said better!!!!!

6. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

I have just emailed a good mate in japan to give me a break down of the rules for the Moto2 style racing in Japan to understand how it is done in Japan

7. leviathan

leviathan Well-Known Member

Upon receipt of said information, please do share my good man. ::tips fedora::

8. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

AH I had a brain fart, and was thinking about them competing and not just racing at the same time..
    I still think it would be good to keep it as a 600ss class and not Dsb( stupid name) because of the amount of entries it gets now.

9. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Sure will mate :rock:

10. g maloney

g maloney Well-Known Member

In the USA on USA tracks a gp chassis will have only a slight advantage (MUCH less advantage than racing on european tracks). So competition should be close.
    The trick is setup and a rider adapting to a more rigid chassis.

11. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

^^

Geoff, I know this is probably a multi-part stupid question, but is that because our tracks aren't as flowing? We haven't ever run outside America.

What happens when a rider is exposed to a more rigid chassis? Do they get more chatter, or just have trouble regaining confidence?

Lastly, I think I remember you saying a used moto2 chassis can be had in the 20-30K range. If so, it sounds like that may not really be an advantage on US tracks?

12. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I think what he is saying is that American tracks aren't as smooth as the European tracks. When those ex Rainey GP bikes were raced in Formula USA, I believe I read that they were damn near impossible to ride at Pocono. (Then again, I heard that a normal club racing bike didn't fare much better at that track. :D )

13. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Schedule out yet???:D

14. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

And classes and rule book? Lol I'm really chomping at the bit to build the kid another bike. Sponsors are on board and ready to roll.

15. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Everyone seems all worked up about the prospect of Moto2, but the list is very, very short on people in this country that have ever even laid hands on a proper Moto2 chassis, let alone pay for one.

Doesn't seem feasible.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Agreed. Making it hard on the few teams you've got would be a bad move.

These guys have run race teams so they do understand that end of it really well.

17. metricdevilmoto

And I'm positive Dunlop will do everything in their power to retain control over the spec tires. The entirety of their sales to club racers depends on it. Without it being the spec tire, sales of the spec tire to club racers would all but stop.

I'd love to see a multi-brand spec tire. This is the spec DOT from Dunlop. This is the spec DOT from Pirelli. This is the spec DOT from Michelin. Etc. I know it won't happen, but I like the competition.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd like to see tire wars but put an official in the truck to dole out the tires and keep the specials from happening.

19. metricdevilmoto

I'd be fine with that. Third party handles M&B, distribution and monitor allocation. Techs available from all brands for support. Let the best tire win.

20. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

its not a bad idea. probably won't happen though..