1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sad News today......

Discussion in 'General' started by Phat Chance, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

2. Johnnygxr

Johnnygxr "Gravitational Expert"

3. mtmansl

mtmansl Well-Known Member

RIP,

Prayers sent!

4. dantheman

dantheman Yeah, it hurt.....

Wow, very sad news indeed. I did a few track days with Frank. Will miss seeing him at the races. Prayers with the family.

5. bodell

bodell Green Racing Advocate

From Katey's Facebook page...

It is was great sadness, a heavy heart, and as all you say "no words" time to tell you that Frank Kinsey did pass peacefully the morning of 9/14/14 at 10:29am. Most of you know that he was like a father to me and I was so proud to call myself his business partner for the last 14 years. My mom was his pit crew through his racing career and his real business partner from the beginning. On this day we lost a husband, a father, a father in law, a grandfather, a coach, a road racer, a legend, and most of all the most amazing man most of us ever knew! I could write forever saying some of the same things you all have said so well, so I'll leave you with this...
    Frank always used to tell all of the licensing students that if anything ever happened while on the starting grid at the 1 board, they better think thin and pray to their two favorite racing gods because
    the race was gonna start.
    He is now one of those racing gods and he will forever be in the hearts of us all!
    I know everyone would like to know about services, he decided to donate his body to science and we as a family decided we are going to have a Frank day in October at the house. We don't want any one to feel obligated to come, but we want to invite you all who knew him well! It's a day to celebrate the man we all knew and loved so much! This day will bring tears, but please bring stories and laughs. He always loved telling and listening to stories about almost everything, but especially the racing. When we have more details we will let you know.
    With all my love,
    Katey

6. wood600rr

wood600rr Well-Known Member

RIP Frank...

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

RIP Frank :(

8. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

I still clearly remember my CCS licensing school with him at Moroso (now PBIR) oh those many years ago. Great guy and it always cheered me to hear that he was still teaching. He was local to me and I always meant to look him up... Definitely sad news.

9. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I'm very sad to hear this.

If it wasn't for Frank, I probably wouldn't be racing today. I signed up for his "no brakes" school at Moroso (now PBIR) 15 years ago and I was full of questions. He took alot of time guiding me as to what gear to buy, what classes were best for beginners, what to expect, all before we ever met or I spent a dime with him. There wasn't much info out there about racing back then, so his advice was really crucial to getting started.

He was a great ambassador to the sport and he'll be missed in the paddock. Godspeed Frank!

10. trancework

trancework It's always now...

Godspeed Frank :(

11. JTRC51

JTRC51 El Speedy Gonzalez

12. Motorin Mark

Motorin Mark Well-Known Member

RIP Frank. I did a few of his track days at Roebling when I was with STT as a break from running everything, nice and laid back the day would be. I listened in on his class from time to time and picked up some good info from him. Godspeed.

13. bodell

bodell Green Racing Advocate