1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMA at NJMP- Kawasaki Devil's Showdown

Discussion in 'General' started by doublea, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd guess it's a local dealer sponsoring things.

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

I'm not sure, but think may be Kawasaki USA directly as there are no major Kawasaki only dealers around here at least.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Cool.

4. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

:crackup:

5. metricdevilmoto

That's a monster grid. The SS cutoff is entirely too lax. I hope that's something that's addressed with the new sheriffs in town, whatever the class ends up being.

Even if the SS elite get into the high 23s or low 24s in Q, cutoff will still be a high :31 or low :32. There are a lot of track day guys doing that around NJMP and it wouldn't have won a novice MW race last weekend.

6. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

same situation at barber earlier this year. i think the cut off was a 38 or 39s?

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

soooo...do you want riders on the grid or not? To someone on the outside, it seems that the old regime tried to to get as many riders on the grid as possible, same as MotoGP, Moto3, WSBK, etc. Don't know if that's so terrible, except maybe limit the number that make it through qualifying.

8. metricdevilmoto

I want competitive racers on the grids. Not full grids for the sake of full grids. With the disparity in out laps and then lap times, that's going to be a ton of traffic for the lead pack to work through on a track that doesn't have that many straight up passing zones. Add to that the fact that the lead guys can often maintain their full race pace for the race duration while deeper in the field, racers often drop off substantially.

And asses in the seats > riders on the grid.

MotoGP, Moto3, WSBK, etc don't have an issue filling the stands.

Pro racing grids should be hard to qualify for, SS included.

9. Chip

Chip Registered

I have a feeling that club racing at pro races (current SS) will go away next year and be replaced by a single 600 class.

10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Oh there's money going IN road racing, there's just no money coming back out :D

11. metricdevilmoto

Better for club grids. Better for pro grids.

I'm also hoping the new regime actually holds to their qualifying cutoffs. There have been several times over the past few years when they made exceptions. In my opinion, when you deviate from even one of your rules, you make the rules you try to enforce a joke. Rules are rules.

12. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

The worst accident in recent AMA history was caused by a front runner being stupid, not the back markers.

SS going away was already planned with the old regime, I doubt that changes back. Although as a privateer, I liked the SS class. It helped keep our expenses down, vs a DSB entry.

13. Chip

Chip Registered

I know...actually...DSB will go away, and every thing will be called SS.....because Daytona Sportbike was a stupid ass name.

14. doublea

doublea Well-Known Member

Ignorance here- was that the Road A crash last year Rob?

15. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Last year it was the "AMA Pro National Guard SuperBike" and they didn't have a war!

16. metricdevilmoto

It was the only way Kawi could get their brand mentioned over the PA that weekend.

17. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Yes. Puerta wouldn't get off the gas and wheelies into another rider causing him to break his pelvis and leg, and possibly other stuff. Riders start trying to avoid the carnage, my kid fortunately makes it past the downed rider and bike and hits the gas, to get out of there.

Unfortunately at that point, Tyler gets hit by a rider in a stoppie, still traveling at a high speed. Then Ty gets ejected and is run over by another rider who instantly has a flying body in his path and no time to react or place to go.

Three ambulances went to the hospital and we had three racers in our ambulance. Ty was in a bed for 3 months and a wheel chair for a couple more.

From what I understand, Puerta had been talked to before about unsafe riding and was talked to again, but nothing else happened.

Good news is everyone lived and if all things go right Tyler wants to try his first race again at the end of the month. Doctor wants him to wait till the end of the year, but ty said he can't wait any longer.

18. caferace

caferace No.

Actually, the GP ranks now have hard limits on the number of riders in each class. Period. Remember the first year of Moto2 when they didn't? That was carnage.

-jim

19. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

:stupid:

20. BigBird

BigBird blah

I love the attitude of kid racers...we can all learn something

Go Get em Tyler!!

:beer: