Grom

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Aug 9, 2014.

1. jt21

jt21 JFugginT

my dealer has a black one, they've got $3199 on it at the moment

2. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

What you get in the email is a list of dealers that are on Honda's floorplan. What their prices are is not available to me.

3. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

thanks Darrin. looks like the dealers closest to me are listed, but when i checked their website i saw nothing. which is fine, i dont mind shopping in person. :D

4. nochknstrps

nochknstrps Well-Known Member

Lots of Used Groms with low miles here in Florida on Craigslist. Some for about $3,500 I've seen one for $2,900.

5. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

No problem.

6. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Just looked for some in Northern Calif, Santa Rosa has one on CL for 3199, then the text says 4500 OTD.

7. I reckon it depends on where you are. It was less than 2 weeks ago when i got mine and i couldnt find one anywhere (close). I was on the phone for 2hrs calling various dealerships. I went as far as Knoxville, Asheville NC and Bristol VA. My local dealer only had a red one. I finally found one in Greeneville and he said that was the first one he has actually had on the floor.

8. :stupid:

When i buy a bike (any bike) in TN i pay sales tax at the dealership and they handle the title/tag. When bought out of state, i just pay for the bike and handle the rest at the DMV.

That is why i never buy race bikes in-state.

9. EngineNoO9

EngineNoO9 Well-Known Member

Yeah but can't you buy the bike in-state and ask for a certificate of origin instead. And just never register it? I know lots of people do that so they never have to register it. Especially like here in VA where by registering it I'm subjecting myself to additional personal property tax.

10. I dont know. I have never tried it because when I buy a bike in-state, I want it registered because it is a street bike.

11. EngineNoO9

EngineNoO9 Well-Known Member

I've never personally done it either... I just know other people have done it... Might get some initial grief or questions depending on who you're dealing with but gotta imagine most motorcycle shops have dealt with it at least once or twice...

12. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Where do you live?
    I only have 2 on my CL.

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

can't do that in NY..i guess unless you're paying cash and it's all hush hush

14. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Stopped by the local shop this morning, they have one in the crate, was told their expected shipments are are sold through March of next year.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes. The minis at the GNF is a for fun no points thing open to anyone.

16. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Why not? Pretty sure you are only obligated to pay any taxes due at the time of sale. If you are not putting it on the "road" there is no need for a state issued title. The MSO you get from Honda or whoever is just as good or better.

17. BigBird

BigBird blah

yeah but the tax man wants their cash even if you are not registering it for road use

18. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Cycle Trader shows 19 new within 100 miles of me and one shop has 2 of them at $3017.

19. RaceWife

RaceWife Well-Known Member

He has beat me down for weeks. "Can I get a grom?" "Would you ride a grom?" "We can do this on the grom." " you can race the grom." I brushed him off and said it's not coming out of the house fund, it has to be his own money. Well yesterday he sent me a screen shot of this convo, and I finally said "yes go buy it, I'll let you teach me to ride it." Guess what he says? "Well I'll think about it." I lost my yogic shit!! Nothing zen came out of my mouth. This is what he does when he wants something. He beats me down, then I say yes, and then he changes his mind. It's like I'm living with a woman. Yeah I said it. A woman! Oh well buy it, don't buy it. I'm not the bad guy here. :moon: but now I kinda want one.

20. BigBird

BigBird blah

how small is this thing? like under a SUV small?