1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

15th Annual Ride for Life for Duke's Kids

Discussion in 'General' started by StanTheMan, Aug 19, 2014.

1. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Big thanks to Scott Carpenter for his role as Grand Marshall today. Weather didn't cooperate very well (we got drenched in a passing thunderstorm.). But thanks to Scott and so many others who helped out, we raised over $14,500 for Duke's kids. Thanks everyone!

2. S Tsotsoros

S Tsotsoros aka General Tso

Well Done! :up:

Was good to meet you today.

3. StanTheMan

Nice to meet you and your wife, thanks so much for coming out!

Metalhead, we ran out of medium shirts and we are re-ordering Monday morning, so I should have your shirt by Thursday. Thanks for your support as well!

4. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Take your time. I ain't worried about it. I just sent you a PM.:D

5. StanTheMan

Received and replied. Thanks Richie

6. scott65

scott65 Well-Known Member

Stan, we should be thanking you. You sir, have spent many hours putting this ride together. It's an honor to be part of this event, and be able to meet some of the kids, that are getting the best care in the country. Duke Children's Hospital, is truly a place where miracles happen everyday. Hopefully these kids will get better and one day ride. :beer:

7. StanTheMan

No, thank YOU Scott, for taking time out of your busy schedule and helping us out, as you've done for so many years now, along with many other motorcycle racing greats like Jamie James, Scott Russell, Jamie Hacking, and many others. Thanks for caring about these kids! Some day, hopefully we'll be put out of business, because everyone will be healthy and happy. (Hey, I can dream, can't I?) Here's some photos from the ride.

Getting ready to head out, here's just some riders telling some lies....
    [​IMG]

Our Grand Marshall, Scott Carpenter. Thanks again Scott, you corner low!
    [​IMG]
    The line was so long I couldn't see it in my rear-view mirrors.
    [​IMG]
    Receiving a check at Ray Price Harley-Davidson/Triumph
    [​IMG]
    And Ladies and Gentlemen, last but certainly not least, here is Kennedy, our VIP (Very Important Patient) that was our Guest-of-Honor this year. She's had over 15 surgeries so far and probably faces many more. She is what courage and bravery looks like in the flesh. Hope to see many of you riding with us on next year's ride, which will be on August 29th, 2015. Come join us!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
  8. StanTheMan

Oh, and Richie, your shirt should be shipped by Friday. Thanks for supporting these kids, they so very-much deserve a break. If anyone on the beeb here ever needs a referral to anything medical-related, (sorry Cortez, Duke doesn't do sex-changes! J/K) just give me a shout. I'd be happy to help anyone out here that might need it, or family members too. Thanks again Richie and Scott! You guys rock! Oh, and if you put 'all-star ride' in your facebook search, you'll find our facebook page. Our website should be up and running again in about a week or two. It is allstarride.org

9. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Dude you're a freakin saint for what you do. You and your people will be blessed many times over for what y'all do. Kennedy, and all the other children, will have me and my families prayers tonight. Good job man.