Brembo 19RCS clicks

Discussion in 'Tech' started by BigBird, Aug 19, 2014.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

Hey folks,

I purchased a used Brembo master 19RCS and it clicks when pulling it in. Everything seems to work fine (thankfully!) but should I be concerned or is this normal?

2. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

Is it the microswitch under the master cylinder?

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

would that be for the brake light? Because there are no electrical connections on it

4. Yoyo

Yoyo Well-Known Member

It most likely is the lever.

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

should I be worried about a failure? or is just an annoyance?

6. Nick_OMC

Yup. It doesnt need to be hooked up to make the clicking noise though. Is it still there?

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

I will have to check, but I do not think it's there.

If it is the lever, do I need to replace the base and the lever, or the lever itself would be ok?

8. Nick_OMC

I guess you'd have to first identify the source of the clicking. Does the lever pull have a notch in it? If so, the master may need a rebuild service.

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

it does click in the middle to the end of travel

EDIT: if it does need a rebuild...where can I get a rebuild kit or send it to?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  10. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

the rcs is not rebuildable

I would try and verify where the clicking is coming from. My 19x20 would click but only when it had no fluid in it. Otherise I couldn't pull the lever in far enough to get it to make any noise.

My stock gsxr MC would click though when it was full of fluid.

11. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I believe for rebuilds/repairs they have to be sent back to Brembo...like as in Italy.

12. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

Grease the pivot point

13. Nafterclifen

Nafterclifen Well-Known Member

My RCS clicked. Never did figure out where or what the noise was. Brakes worked solid 100% of the time for 4 years.

Also, I had my RCS rebuilt from a local shop. No issues and it wasn't sent back to Brembo.

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

I actually bought a new pin and greased it and the clicking is still there. It works 100% but I just hate knowing it's not supposed to click. And if it's not easily re-buildable then :(

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

wonder where they got the parts from?

16. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

17. BigBird

BigBird blah

Kurvey girl has mostly everything except a rebuild kit, which may not be available for the RCS.

KG is where I got the new pivot pin from, and as always I was provided with great service!

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

Distributor said it can be the push rod for the lever wearing down and that a complete lever replacement will fix it because it comes with the rod, which looks like it is not available on its own. The complete replacement is $180 and more than half the price of a new one.

It really may be the last time I buy something used that is available new. Not worth the headache and unknown condition. Just probably going to bite the bullet and get a 19x18 MC and be done with it.