1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bombshell AMA/Dorna announcement

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, Aug 12, 2014.

1. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Ok, but still will be very cheap and = fair in terms of equipment which will make for bloody good racing, just like the Kawi 300 bikes

2. HFD1Motorsports

HFD1Motorsports BIKE TUNA

The Dorna guy said in the coming week just did not say which one:)

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

We rid ourselves of our colonial past.:D

4. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

I don't know where you'd find the time. Between taking flat-billed selfies in the paddock, and running a broken website, you've got to be exhausted. :p

5. owndjoo

owndjoo muthapucka

or the showers at mid-ohio :beer:

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Exactly. I had an absolute blast at Indy hearing all of the rumors - a lot of which were flat out impossible or conflicting with each other - being stated as absolute fact contracts signed deals done :crackup:

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Money.

Sit and think what it would cost to have a semi or two with multiple full time mechanics and the like.

Or if you mean they all own their own machines - it's called E Superstock and it already exists and has for years.

Neither one is financially feasible or attractive to the general public.

8. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Yeah Mongo, I was talking about an E Superstock type class, but at a national level. It would take manufacturer support though. And that seems to be non existent anymore.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, no money. Low bike sales means they can't afford to support a class like that right now. We are working on it. I'm really hoping to have a spec class even if there's no real money in it right away at the Pro stuff in 2015.

10. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

I like the sound of that.

11. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

Wasn't that what the redbull rookies cup that ran with the AMA rounds 7 or 8 years ago?

12. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

I agree to a point but the ages are off. If we dont have "kids" ready to race 600's at the Pro level at 15 or 16 we are again behind. Racing 250's and 300's is fantastic and they are a great tool but your not going to see 18 year old talent getting pulled off a 300 grid to go race for the big boys.

The formula has changed and we need to change with it. I understood the "steps" before when the 2-strokes were the stepping stones. That made sense and developed the riders very well. Unfortunately the 125 cc 2-strokes that we used to see the wee ones racing will destroy a 300 on any day so it's almost like going backwards. The 250's are all but gone, the Wakis are now a rarity so whats the step? It's missing. The KTM would be the logical step but I'm afraid it will/would end up just like the Wakis and fade quickly without a Rookies Cup type situation.

I dont know what the answer is, theres lots of great ideas but none of us can make it happen. It's going to take a manufacturer to step in with fat pockets to get the ball rolling. Until then everyone is just in limbo trying to figure out what the best route is. We will stay on the 600 and take the next 3 years until he is 16 to develop his riding. If something legit pops up that looks like a better option we will weigh it then.

13. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Be careful what you wish for. A slippery slope awaits.

14. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

A slippery slope is a better alternative to the cliff we are on the edge of right now eh? :D

15. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

+1, that sounds very cool. If it happens are you currently planning age limits, as my kid is about to age out.

16. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Nothing is real, until it actually happens.

17. LukeLucky

LukeLucky Well-Known Member

Just a little note. I haven't had racer profiles on my website in a couple years. That might be why that link to my profile isn't working. The link to the website whose name I didn't steal. "Flat-billed". You really got me there!

18. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

I don't think the comma was necessary. Just saying.

19. sowega

sowega #710

:stupid:

20. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Oh, the days of the Milf Hunter and his RV.