1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bombshell AMA/Dorna announcement

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, Aug 12, 2014.

1. doublea

doublea Well-Known Member

:stupid:

I want to believe it just like everyone else, but we've been let down too much in recent years to go on blind promises...

2. Jim didn't actually want to discuss the future of pro roadracing in this country. He just wanted to let people know he has inside information.

3. Chip

Chip Registered

Lots of people know inside info....but until what ever is going to happen, happens....nobody knows shit.

4. lonewrench

lonewrench Mr.Charles

Agreed 100% everyone including myself have been trying to guess what and when but, only time will tell. Personally I can't imagine everything getting thrown on it's ear with changes but then look at 2009. It's an interesting time here in the U.S. for racing that's for sure. Hopefully we will all know soon good or bad so we can plan accordingly. As usual I'm hoping for the best along with the Wolverine.

5. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

Right, but money = eyeballs/spectators.

Dorna is successful in countries that LOVE this sport... it's a whole different ballgame here in the US. They've been good at selling motorcycle racing to places that worship motorcycle racing. Not near as uphill as it will be here.

:crackup:

6. BigBird

BigBird blah

We know geographically the US is humongous compared to say a Italy, but it's amazing that they can get 60-100K people for a race, and the best we can do is 60k. It goes to show you that it is and probably be a uphill battle for two wheels, unless bikes start becoming less of a toy and more of a serious transportation tool, people can not relate.

Now if we wanted to start a SUV racing series, I think that would be highly successful here.

7. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

+ 2

8. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

Name change to Testacles - God of Ballrubbers?

9. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Maybe it has already happened. And, believe me, somebody knows.

10. LukeLucky

LukeLucky Well-Known Member

LOL... SuperbikeTripleCrown... Everyone's source for how to ruin a domain name.

11. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Well judging by some of the responses I'm going to say I was wrong in the other thread, and I'm getting the feeling dorna is buying the series from DMG..

12. leviathan

leviathan Well-Known Member

Journalist/Media are told exactly what folks want them to know and nothing more. Seen a number of journos report 'inside info' and 'the straight scoop' that they got from Rider A or Team Manager B when in reality it was a bunch of BS. It's normally a nugget of truth shrouded in a coating of misdirection.

The top guys get information from multiple sources, collaborate the data, and make a educated speculation at best.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_propaganda_during_World_War_II

Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
  13. caferace

caferace No.

There is some truth to that. There are interviews I haven't put out, simply because I thought to myself: "Hrrrm. That doesn't sound quite right."

I however have the benefit of not have to summarize or embellish anything. It's a rider or team members actual voice. They said it, not me.

Thus, I claim no culpubility in propogating a rumour. :D

-jim

14. leviathan

leviathan Well-Known Member

thumbs up

15. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

16. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

you people have done it all before and will achieve again

17. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

Hey Chip, we probably should start looking at those Suter chassis... just sayin.

And if you really listen and read the info Dorna is letting slip it sounds more like a development league rather than a full on National Championship.

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

How about all you bastards quit posting in this thread because every time it gets bumped I click on it thinking that there actually HAS been an announcement, only to be let down?

Dicks, every one of ya! :D

19. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

20. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really