1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

when did you start falling apart

Discussion in 'General' started by mattbnj, Jul 26, 2014.

1. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

[​IMG]

Embrace the years no matter what the age or physical limitation.

(not to mention the awesome feeling when you run circles around someone half your age)

[​IMG]

2. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I just hit 34 and am stronger and fitter than I've ever been (and I've always been active). Some of the explosiveness has declined, but that's just probably a consequence of a change is the WAY I choose to stay fit.

It probably also helps that I gravitated towards non-contact sports when I was younger (baseball and swimming), as many of the friends who played football growing up are now very much paying the price.

I think finding a way to stay active and not falling into a sedentary lifestyle for an extended period of time is key to staying healthy.

I'm sure it will hit me soon enough, but I have good genes on my side. My father is 74 and still biking over 100 miles/week and puts some folks half his age to shame.

3. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

You young guns are making me LOL. 34? 41? GTFO! You'll know what old age feels like when you hit that point around 60 and nothing works like it should, and stuff grows oddly. Why the hell would nature make our junk get bigger just when it doesn't feel like working right? Why does the hair on my head disappear, and the hair on my nose grow like ditch weed? Riddle me that!

I'd stay away from all those testosterone and hormone potions if I were you young guys. I had colon cancer at 45, and the first question from the doctor was "do you take steroids, hormone replacement or testosterone drugs?" Cancer sucks ass. The cures for cancer suck worse. Every little thing you do all day hurts. One day last summer I was walking along and realized, just for a moment, that nothing was causing me pain. The feeling lasted less than ten minutes.

Getting old sucks, the alternative sucks worse. I hope all y'all stay healthy and pain-free for 100 years.

4. mattbnj

mattbnj Well-Known Member

i'm thinking about buying a road bike to replace the jogging. work is about 13 miles one way. anyone got an idea about how long that should take to do?

5. mattbnj

mattbnj Well-Known Member

good post

6. RR558

RR558 Well-Known Member

I'm 49 my strength started declining about 44 not horribly but noticeable for sure . Not to many pains though once I warm up in the morning.

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I honestly believe that if you take care of yourself - eat right (no man made garbage), don't poison yourself with drugs, cigarettes, or excessive alcohol, get plenty of the right kind of exercise, and supplement properly (yes, maybe even some hormone replacement), then there is no reason to grow old. Age, yes, but not grow old. Everything has a lifespan - your heart only has so many beats, you've only got so many brain cells, etc, but if you keep everything tuned up, they you'll get the most out of each component and can live happily and comfortably until your wife catches you with your girlfriend and kills you :D

8. rolandk

rolandk Warm-up lap winner

About an hour. I'm 49 and my jogging took a big hit a couple years ago, as in I seem to have to work A LOT harder than before and my heart rate is in scary territory after just a couple of miles. Started road bicycling a few months ago and it's the best exercise ever! (for me anyways). I think bicycling at 80% heart rate for 2-3 hours is better than jogging for one hour at max.

9. used2Bfast

used2Bfast Still healing

Get the roadie. Your knees will thank you.

10. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

This is a cheerful fucking thread. I'm also more inspired to take care of myself. I don't want to end up like you broken fucks. :D

11. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Harden up ya soft cocks

12. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

OK, will be 62 in November. Actually I feel pretty damn good. In spite of all sorts of breaks, punctures, brain shit and such I feel great. Only thing I can't do is run for any distance due to a knee I blew out near 20 yrs ago.
    So quit whining. Older isn't so bad. Maybe I'll slow down at 90.:beer:

13. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Amazing! How you can ride endurance for an hour dragging elbows is nothing short of miraculous when mere sleeping is so painful. My son-in-law, Army sniper, IED victim Afghanistan during his 3rd tour, is doing pretty good but couldn't sit on a bike for 10 minutes. Damn war has hurt so many...
    What is so cool about him is he never lists his injuries, recounts his injury, or asks for sympathy. Wish I was so strong. Love that man. Makes me feel pitiful when I complain of a headache.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  14. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

During my honeymoon...

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Buncha whiny young farts in here.

16. madkaw

madkaw Meh...

Best line from Fight Club that I like to use is "Hey, even the Mona Lisa's falling apart."

I'm 43 and although I think I'm in better physical shape now than I ever was I know I'm slowly on the decline am I'm able to accept that. But what I love the most is going to my class reunions and looking at how out of shape and bloated all the jocks and hot girls are now. I still weigh my high school weight of 160 while they packed on the lbs over the years from sitting in front of the tube just about every day while drinking a 6 pack of beer and munching on pizza and wings.

But yes, it's tougher to bounce outta bed these days.

17. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

This! Those advocating TRT should go do some research. The pharma companies have been marketing this a cure-all, although the FDA has only approved this for one specific use. The class action lawsuits have started against the pharma companies. People have started this stuff and are experiencing strokes, heart attacks, etc.

18. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Whining about your 30's and 40's is keeeeling me boys! :crackup:

I'm 52.....it hurts....the doc is telling me my liver is damaged. I get winded cutting the frikkin grass!

I need to do something about my lifestyle. :beer:

I'm riding to Sturgis from ATL solo, leave friday....I'll start taking care of myself when I get home. :rolleyes:

I'll admit that I have NEVER really taken care of myself, in numberous ways nothing but abuse. :up:

1 thing I have started doing right recently is sleep....I'm fooling myself into thinking going to bed at 9pm is my choice.....pfft.

My eyesight went bad at 50.....I'm getting used to eyeglasses too....I think I need a new set! FACK!

19. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

My eyes have declines some (but still see 20/20)... I had 20/10 and even 20?20 to me seems like a loss of ability...

I had to have knee surgery last year... College Football catching up to me I suppose...

Beyond that I am pretty good still at 41... no real decline to speak of yet.

20. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

TRT is the fountain of youth and totally worth the heart attack risk.