1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Concussion: who here still races after a brain bump?

Discussion in 'General' started by mmfoor, Jul 9, 2014.

1. six6two

six6two AWD

I've hit my head so many times. I'd rather break anything before I hit my head again. Scariest was in my dad's back yard a few months ago on my dirtybike. Tucked the front on my 250 and lights out! Don't like the feeling after coming to and not remembering anything one bit. All I knew was who I was for a bit, and that was terrifying.

2. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

Seriously? Are you forgetting that you ask this question or some form thereof every couple months or so? Why not just ask the mods to make a sticky for you so you can just go to that every couple months instead of creating a new thread. Sorry, don't mean to be a Robby Bobby :) but you seem to be desperate to find a justification to get back on the bike at any cost.

3. Jason748

Jason748 Race Junkie

I had one of these back in 2009... I remember exiting T5 at BHF, then the next thing I really remember was sitting on the edge of the bed of a cat scan machine while someone was putting a sling on me telling me I was going to spend the night for observation... I was out cold for awhile, was told I woke up combative, and loaded into a heli. I had a small brain bleed, shattered collarbone and 3 broken ribs.

I didn't feel right for about 3-4 months, didn't get back on a street bike for another 5 months, did a track day about 9 months after, and my 1st race back was almost 2 years later... I have never regained my full pace nor that competitive "gotta get past the guy in front of me" mentality...

4. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

This thread would be pretty funny if you just kept re-posting it. Anyone who has ever been around you post concussive fools knows what I'm talking about!

5. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Well sir, to please you I will never post about this subject again. And I live everyday of my life waking up to give a fuck about what you think of my stuff here. Surely I am the only one to post on a subject more than once.

Absolutely correct brother. You and I think alike which means our brain bumps are very similar.

My gawd, I hope I can down the road be as much of an asshole to racers as you. There are some folks on the beeb that strive on the brown; I got no time for the chocolate homes; I'll take vanilla please!:Putter:

6. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

.. classic symptom of closed head injury.. would kinda look like he's got one. just sayin.

7. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Who you calling a foo, foo. ALL YOU RACERS OUT THERE THAT HAVE HAD A CONCUSSION, ARE FOOLS! So it is written, so it is said (by the master of all things cranial):moon:

8. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

You a doc and know the classic symptoms? Been on the web huh?:rolleyes:

9. ducrcr

ducrcr reasonably fast old guy

4 over the years. 3 on the track and one from a kamikaze deer on the street. :down: No particular lingering effects aside from a mediocre memory and the aforementioned occasional difficulty coming up with the right word I wanna use. No warnings from the docs, but maybe they aren't paying attention either! :crackup: I am concerned about potential repercussions later on, when I'm older than I already am. I've stepped away from racing twice, but don't seem to do very well at staying away!

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Everyone who has ever been around a concussed racer knows the repetition symptoms.

11. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

had a sister that had a serious car crash.. was a pre-med student, life went into downward spiral. Killed in another car crash 5 years later. Step sister, almost killed in car crash, coma for a month, year learning to walk and talk, ain't never been the same but has a reasonably normal life. Niece had a car crash, attention issues.. combative with her parents, etc.
    Am i a doc? no.. but i have been around the symptoms more than i think anyone should.
    Do you have a problem? I have no idea. I'm just pointing out that anyone that posts something over an over, could have a chi.

12. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I bumped my head hard once...no real lingering effect. I don't think there's anything wrong with me.

Fack..Shit...Minnesota...

I bumped my head hard once...no real lingering effects. I don't think there's anything wrong with me.

13. Fireball

Fireball Well-Known Member

In 45 years of racing it would hard not to have some. One motocross, one ice racing and two Roadracing. Those are the only ones that I still don't really remember what happened.

I can't count the ones from falling off bar stools. Oh, and one when I thought that that i could be a boxer.

14. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

In my professional opinion, several here should be banned from multiple posts.

Morris and IOMtt come to mind as the most repetitive and there ism proof in that pudding.

That being said, y'all didn't pay me in my last diagnosis of these two so y'all have at it:)

15. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

Except in this situation, many of the people on the internet know him personally. That said, if he wants to know my opinion, I'll tell him face to face when it's appropriate.

As for me, I remember the first two laps of the 2010 GNF sunday lwss race and then I remember waking up in the gravel trap thinking I fell asleep in my chair and it was almost time to race. It was the end of the season, so I didn't ride again until Nashville the next April. It's hard to say if anything changed. You'd probably have to ask the people who were around me for a better opinion.

16. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

I was never told that I had a concussion, but I am sure I have had 2-3 of them.

17. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

MMfoor

:crackup: To funny I was just about to suggest that the OP read my history on here:wow: Wicked roller coaster rides, imagine being the people the ones that love and like me/us ( Psss Like me haha) and witnessed it live, going on through it all! As I said a couple posts back, you KNOW yourself best

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen along cum

Robby-Bobby and kinda spoke the truth dude.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  18. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

Did I crash? How?

Did I crash? How?

Did I crash? How?

Did I crash? How?

19. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Ruby, perhaps the only more repetitive and predictable poster is you.

20. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

I don't think so. You were pretty amusing the rest of that afternoon, though.