1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WORLD CUP!!! (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, Jun 12, 2014.

1. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Don't call it a comeback...

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

and a shit load of three pointers.

3. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

That was surreal.

4. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I had Germany 3-1 as they played today. I had Germany 1-0 if Brazils captain and Neymar were in there. But this shit? Holy cow.

I'm pulling for The Netherlands tomorrow because I think they have a better chance at Germany. If Argentina beats the Dutch, They'll take a beatdown like Brazil dd. The Dutch line up better with the Germans.

Damn this shit's getting real.

Beer time.

5. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Netherlands needs to watch the Germany game to learn how to finish if they expect to win any other games. I've never seen a team miss more opportunities than them in their last game.

6. Phl218

Phl218 .

Netherlands here as well.

Time for revenge!

Wanna watch the final together?

7. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Wouldn't miss it for the world.:beer::clap:

8. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Or if I have to work. lol.

9. 418

418 Expert #59

Holy shit, just saw the score when I got home. That must have been a massacre.

10. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Go germany!!!!!!

11. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

All I know is that they stomped all over Brazil and that it's going to be awful quiet at work tomorrow. (For once.) Unless the Cape Verdians rub it in too much and a fight breaks out in the shop. :D

12. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

It was a beatdown for sure.

In my heart, I want Argentina to win. I think that the Dutch will beat them though.

13. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

This has been the most entertaining World Cup as long as I can remember. The drama has been fascinating. Can't wait for the womens World Cup next year.:clap:

14. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

You just cannot get Brandi Chastain's celebration after scoring the Cup-winning Pk in 1999 out of your head, right?

15. that game was humiliating! poor brazil, lol

16. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

The Germans would have won that match even if Neymar and Thiago Silva were playing for Brazil. The result wouldn't have been so emphatic but they are a much better team by far than the hosts.

17. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

I couldn't help but laugh at all the people they showed in the stands bawling their eyes out because their team had lost. Everyone in the world knows you were outclassed, be happy with what you accomplished as an underdog and move on. Jeesh!

18. mikendzel

mikendzel Anonymous

Honestly, Brasil looked like it was trying to be scored upon. I have never seen any professional team mark that poorly that much in one single game. If you watch the highlights, David Luiz is in several plays where he is simply standing and watching while the Germans continue to move towards goal and score. Dante looked confused as well. Marcello appeared to be the only defender on the pitch interested in keeping the Germans out of the net.

19. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

That is a pretty common occurrence with David Luiz, he would be better employed as a midfielder, because a centre back he is not. As for the other defenders, I couldn't believe Maicon was playing, he got torn apart in a couple of Champions League games by Gareth Bale a few years ago and to me he has never looked like an international standard full back since.

20. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Wow... Not the way for Argentina to impress...

I love Argentina, having lived there, but I think they are going to get smoked by the German machine. Probably not as bad as Brasil, but beat for sure.