1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need advice from Ohio dirty-bike owners.

Discussion in 'General' started by Once a Wanker.., Jun 23, 2014.

1. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

When I bought a new YZ250 on an auction site & picked it up, I was issued an Ohio title, in my name. (Many years ago.)

Sold it quite a while ago to a friend, who is now selling it.

I signed it, but it implies the need to be notarized, & "All blank spaces above must be completed before acknowledgement."

This includes 'Odometer Certification' section. No way to note that this does not apply.

What should one do? This bike will be sold several states away from GA.

So as to clear any confusion, the title clearly states:
    "OFF ROAD MOTORCYCLE - OFF ROAD USE ONLY"

Thanks for any advice! :up:

2. kman0066

kman0066 Well-Known Member

I believe the need for notarization is dependent upon the state where it is transferred to. For instance Kentucky does not require the notary, but TN does. I live in TN, bought a car in KY, and they made me go back and get it notarized.

3. goodmatt78

goodmatt78 Well-Known Member

I found a loophole in Ohio for my dirtbike. Prior to 2006, Indiana did not issue titles for their dirt bikes. If your bike is older, then you can just got to an Ohio Title Bureau and get a title for a few bucks and just say it was purchased pre-2006 from Indiana and now you are trying to make it legit for Ohio.

4. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Is the new owner in OH? My best advice is to ask the title agency in the buyers state. Do NOT just show up with a partially filled out title- they have little tolerance for that.

5. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

I'll be mailing the title to Iowa. No idea where the buyer will be from.

A bit tougher than just handing over a M.S.O. ;)