1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on Motorhomes

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Apr 17, 2014.

1. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Berine, shot me your last 6 digits of the chassis vin number. Ill pm you some prices. We sell baldwin filters here if that ok. We might have a cat fuel and oil but air would be baldwin.

Thanks
    Matt.

2. Razorboy

Razorboy ZAG Racing LLC

Thanks Matt,

I will do that

3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

An unusual event happened on the way to Road Atlanta last week. I had a front tire blow out. Luckily we were in the right lane, going 20mph, and able to get on the shoulder drama free. A minute earlier we were doing 55 so that could have been ugly.
    Anyway since a spare wheel/tire is out of the question on my rig, I had to get roadside tire service. If you have a trailer or RV... I cannot say enough good things about this service: http://www.coach-net.com/ Worth every bit of the $120/yr it costs.

I was also lucky to be in the Atlanta area, when this happened, and Dean Woodruff & Integrity RV found me a road side tire company to deliver & install some tires. Coachnet paid for the service call & after hour charge & I had to buy the tires. I almost feel like I should mail them some more money since Im paid up for 3yrs at this point. Definitely lost money on me!

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Since this thread has been bumped, what kind of insane-o super RV has Broome settled on?

5. Aberk

Aberk Well-Known Member

Since there is so much attention here...

Does anybody know where I can pick up a manual primer pump for my C7 so I can do the fuel filter swaps more easily? Or am I just talking crazy...

6. Razorboy

Razorboy ZAG Racing LLC

Speaking of tire changes,

Can the leveling jacks suspend the rig high enough to get a wheel off or is that not the way they work?
    Also, my rig has a air connector on the remote panel to get air from the system. Wonder if there is enough PSI to run a impact to remove wheel lugs?

B

7. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

On top of the filter base do you have a spot for a hand primer? Give me your engine serial number and I can get you a hand primer pump is there is a place to add one to your engine.

8. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Depends. On mine it wasnt. I probably could have put an 8x8 under the jacks for added clearance in a pinch.
    The roadside guy had 3/4" hose and a hell of an impact driver connected to a pretty stout compressor. Also a couple spoons and an air/hydraulic bottle jack.
    I know the bottle jacks are about $300 each.
    When I saw this guy dismount/install the tire with a couple spoons alongside a busy highway... I kind got angry at the local shops that tried to tell me it costs $65 per wheel for mounting.

9. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

I don't know about rv's but transports have a stupid high amount of tq on their nuts. I doubt you'd be able to use your air supply to get them off.

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Don't doubt the Air Supply. They're responsible for countless "getting off's":clap:

[​IMG]

11. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Sooooo much ammunition in this statement. I'm looking for the beeb to take this far.

12. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

I saw some open doors when I was proof reading but I did not see a reference to "air supply" coming lol.

13. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

450ft/lbs on most diesel coaches

14. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

15. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

16. ACDNate

ACDNate Well-Known Member

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They make them down in Bluffton, SC (right off of Hilton Head). Cool but meh.

18. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Wow that is very positive feed back for there service, top man

19. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Just not right is it

20. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody