1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on Motorhomes

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

is that a polite way to ask for a doylesque picture?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Anyway....nice rig, who did the conversion? Do they pull a trailer to the shows? If so it's perfect.

3. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Dynamax (The paperwork states Dynamax Grand Sport)
    We just got it in trade this last friday for a high end agricultural tractor.
    I like it because it actually fits on my narrow driveway unlike our current race hauler.

Ya, they pull a big ol air conditioned horse trailer.

4. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Mothers Day is next week.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Never heard of em but looks nice. Only way to tell of course is send it down the road...

Either way it'll pull the big horse trailer just great.

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Uh-oh! I know where you'll be sleeping.........

[​IMG]

7. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

I am taking it down to arizona next week to see how it does compared to the volvo/race hauler combo.

8. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Wow, my own room! That is definitely a step up.

9. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

He said sister, not gay brother.

10. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

I'd call it bronze and be happy. :beer:

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Damn glad I got mine over with a week early with everyone else. At least you should be able to pick up a card today, cheap.

12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

And maybe some expired valentines or easter candy to go with it:up:

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Have you talked to your mother since Saturday? :crackup:

14. No.

I wouldn't be happy with it, at all.

15. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Ooooooo....this one's got testosterone written all over it....:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Aberk

Aberk Well-Known Member

Not for broome. Cab is a different color than the body.

17. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Why bother with the toy four-wheeler when the truck has more ground clearance?

18. Razorboy

Razorboy ZAG Racing LLC

Wow,

This thread is pretty contrary to what I just did.
    Bought a 1998 Damon Ultrasport with a CAT275, Allison on a Freightliner chassis. Pusher of course.

Its a 37 foot with a single slide, hydraulic levelers, genset and inverter and contains a lot of upgrades on the original build like double wide fridge, etc.

Bought it for what I consider a song knowing that it would need work. The PO's were getting too old and ummm, too large to do anything with it so there is a ton of repairs to do. Has all brand new-ish Goodyear tires and came with 55k on the truck and 700hours on the Onan propane genset.

They had an asking price but by the time we were done negotiating, it dropped by 7k which I felt was way more than enough to repair all the things that I could at least identify.

As an example, they said the propane tank leaked and would need to be replaced. An important piece as it runs the generator, stove, fridge and heater. Fixed it yesterday after finding a split in the remote filler hose. Fifty bucks later the tank has LPG and the gennie runs. Haven't checked the other systems yet because to be honest, I am still trying to figure out what all the buttons, switches and valves do. The coach manual is vague to say the least and usually points you to the manufacturer of the specific component for details.

We bought the rig strictly as a race rig to tow our 16 foot trailer which would be around 4000lbs on the back of it. I am planning to have a full service done on the drive train before taking it anywhere but as it stands now, it fires right up, drives excellent.

I have about 5-6 major things that need doing and then the rest is all bullshit little items. Even the major things are not major but require some dollars and a toolbox to get them sorted out.

1) Reworking inverter setup (needs rewiring and also new house batteries)
    2) Steps need repair. PO drove away and hot something. Bent steps and the motor is broken free of the linkage
    3) Springs for rear leveler pistons. 30.00 a set
    4) Bodywork on rear - Jack-knifed his trailer and damaged the drivers rear cap area.
    5) Full service (oil, tranny, air, grease, etc)

It would be cool if the BBS had a section for rig owners where we could all share our experiences with RV's, toyhaulers, etc. I have a ton of questions on these things and I find myself searching for good forums. Obviously there are a lot of knowledgeable people here on these and it would be cool to have a space where we could all discuss.

I know its not the 300k rigs you guys are discussing but if you are handy with tools which most of us are, you can spend a fraction of that a still work your way into something comfortable and useful.

[​IMG]

19. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Razor, if you need chassis parts or motor parts let me know. I can get you prices and part numbers or anything else you might need. I work in a freightliner dealership. We have those in our shop all the time.

20. Razorboy

Razorboy ZAG Racing LLC

Thanks for the offer!

Are you able to offer pricing less than what I can find locally?
    Take a look at the service items I would need.
    Air Filter
    Oil Filter
    Fuel Filter
    Any other filter you know it needs....lol

Mechanically the only thing I have found so far is a rotted exhaust clamp.

Bernie