1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tally Roll Call

Discussion in 'General' started by S Tsotsoros, Apr 15, 2014.

1. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Bad.... Mother.... Fucking ASS!!!!

2. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I need details on that awesome toy. And I need to play with it.

3. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

Yep. Dad collects anything from WWII..... including armored vehicles and weapons.....

1917 Browning water cooled .30 cal. Modified to be Semi-automatic. Heavy tripod. He also has the 1919 air cooled Browning but we do not want it to work. He has the light tripod for it. It is like Disney Land for Alphas when you go to his place, but you better call ahead...... He doesn't like visitors. Stumpy and a very select few get a pass.....;)

4. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

The guns are nice and all...but I want the Lincoln Logs in the back corner!:up:

5. Cam Morehead

Here is the deal, the man grew up poor as heck and has spent his entire adult life buying the crap he could not have when he was a kid.... He has a complete Roy Rogers outfit with guns and belt. They fit a 6 year old kid..... and you better not touch it.... He has every metal lunch box made in the 50's-70's....... He has a CHROME Daisy BB gun! Better not touch it... It is like a museum...... and you better not touch..... And remember, you better call ahead.... I warned ya..... :crackup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Your old man and mine would get along great.:beer:

He has a similar background and museum.:D

7. Cam Morehead

Finally, this week, my dad decided on his own to sell some stuff...... He had me put a few metal hinges on Ebay........:rolleyes: He said he wanted to see if anything would sell before he decided to put anything else on.... I was running around the house wanting to take photos and put more stuff on Ebay...... He put a stop to that quickly.... Ha ha ha. He has 4 steel shipping containers full of vehicles.... and then lots of buildings with more vehicle...... and then vehicles parked everywhere..... It is normal to him.... :crackup:

8. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

The old man just got done selling off his Farmall M, H, and W9.

One buyer asked about his restored 1930s visible gas pump... I told him to keep on stepping.:D

9. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Wrong. Alphas wear whatever the hell they want. Conformity to fashion is for the weak.

That said, I haven't worn jorts since I was 10, and I had a pretty sweet sleeveless net shirt to wear with it. :rock:

10. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Yeah but you also had a mullet that you were rockin so it completed the Joe Dirt ensemble.

I know Shiek had some nice ass Jorts back in the day. With those big thighs and all.

11. K Kling

K Kling Well-Known Member

Wrong. My decision to not race WERA this year has nothing to do with Jon or TOBC. We raced a lot of WERA last year without TOBC. This year we will not be doing that.

It's pretty simple really. When I sat down and looked at schedules this year and accounted for the small WERA grid numbers from last year, I just couldn't see much justification for spending thousands upon thousands of dollars with your organization. In my opinion, you are the reason for those small grid numbers, hence my comment that you are the reason we are not racing WERA this year. I can handle your overbearing ego and poor attitude on the forum. Most of the time I'm surprised that you act that way, but I've never had any problems telling you that you act an ass.

I do love WERA and have really enjoyed the racing over the years. It is unfortunate that the participation levels have dropped so low though. I'm sure we will be back at some point, at least after the grids start to get back to decent levels. Until then, I will spend my money elsewhere trying to give my boys the best experience I can.

As far as the forum goes, I love it. I think it does hurt the organization, but it sure is fun. :D

12. K Kling

Answered above.

13. K Kling

No, I am going to take him racing where there are larger grids with more competition for him to learn from.

14. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

LMAO, ok so lemme get this straight. You live what, an hour away from RA, and what is your nearest track for your son with CCS for the rest of the year? RRR in August? The rest are 6-8 hour drives. AND you say that Jon supporting your race efforts have nothing to do with you not racing WERA?? Laughable at best.

Dude just call it what it is, Jon couldn't influence WERA with his money so he took his ball elsewhere. And you are along for the ride. But saying you love WERA? Come on dude, you love the support for your kid that TOBC are giving you. I don't blame you at all. I would too, but don't say you love WERA, say you love your kid and want to give him the best chance at being sucessful, and that is with the support of TOBC. So if Jon says F WERA, you are like.... yeahh!! Screw those guys, I gotta ride this ride as long as I can.

Like I said in the other post, it was a business deal for Jon, not like he was offering up much money, that money he would have spent on the gas bill for that Semi he drives around so instead he offered it up to WERA in an attempt to pay for what he wanted. It was just that simple. But Ms. Evelyne couldn't be bought, so he said... ahhh yeah screw you guys... lets go drive to Miami and race..... LOL

15. 418

418 Expert #59

From what I've seen from CCS, you've taken him to the slower grid. More racers but slower times. Don't see how that's "more competitive".

16. K Kling

:crackup:
    It appears you couldn't get it straight if it was fed to you on a steel pole. You don't know WTF you are talking about. I have two boys that race. One of them races Team Challenge/endurance for TOBC. I run the rest of their program.

You are letting your own poor assumptions drive your actions. I would have thought the department would have trained you better than that. I sure would hate to get pulled over by you on the way home from the grocery store...

You: "What's in the jar son?"
    Me: "Oregano officer"
    You: "It looks like marijuana to me. You are under arrest." <start pulling the bullet out of your pocket>
    Me: "But it's in the original package. It hasn't even been opened!"
    You: "Don't tell me what I know son."
    Me: "FML."
    :D

To be fair, If the TOBC team was running the WERA endurance series, We would be there. We have a commitment to the team. Since we would already be there I would let him run sprints. That doesn't seem to be the case though. I'm not sure if TOBC is going to race WERA sprints this year or not, and I wouldn't presume to speculate on that. It's not my decision and is in no way influenced by me. Just as the opposite is true.

I do love WERA. I just hate to see the state of affairs today. Maybe it is the economy. Maybe it is the sad state of professional racing in the USA. I wonder how the negativity on this very wide reaching forum effects decisions from corporate sponsors. I would assume that before investing in any substantial roadracing program here in the states a sponsor would do a little research and find this place.

17. Cajun Kid

Cajun Kid Well-Known Member

:crackup::crackup:

Yeah Cause Hayden Gillum, Curtis Murray And the rest of them kids suck.... Jim Cohrs and Melka, Seth Starnes... Yeah Those guys are junk LOL

News flash its all the same riders including you!

LOL and when there are 40 dudes on the 600 grid of course the times are off a little, also it was freezing that weekend...

I only got a best finish of 6th at the CCS round....

A week later with WERA I was on the box every race....

Must have been the magic WERA tech sticker :crackup:

Making 20 passes in one race is harder than making 4.

There are only so many active Expert riders out there.... It's up to the sanctioning body to entice them in, with payouts, trophies, contingency, Hookers, and great customer service "because you aint selling tickets" to come out and race.

You guys do have excellent customer service fo show.

18. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

:stupid:
    Exactly!! :up:

I was going to keep my mouth shut on this subject but looking at times and as a spectator (I have never rode with CCS) that's my take on it.

I will say this though, I don't care if you got 5 guys on a Wera grid I guarantee you those 5 dudes will be rolling fast. It's not a show up make few laps, take home a piece of wood, you'll earn each spot.

My wife constantly reminds me of how fast the Wera dudes are. She has been watching this stuff for as long as I have been at it (13 years) so I think she is qualified enough to comment with an unbiased opinion. She studies everyone's laptimes more than I ever will.

I don't have a problem with this forum, take it for what it is, the Internet, everyone's a badass on it. :D never had issues with Sean, been banned here once since 2001, prolly deserved it but who cares. It's not stopping me from going racing with the best race organization available. If you don't have tough skin then this might not be the place for you and there are far worse here than Mongo IMO. All the money in the world wouldn't do to police this place.

And back on topic, hate I missed Talladega. Little thing called work (day job) got in the way on Friday. :)

19. 418

418 Expert #59

I'm talking out of personal experience and that is it.

Couple years ago I did CCS one weekend and finished 8th? out of 16? guys, next weekend I went faster during the WERA weekend and finished 12? and I was damn near last. Started from back of grid both weekends. Passing more guys didn't make me feel faster.

Pretty sure you had clutch issues during CCS didn't you? :Poke:

20. shaugdog

shaugdog Pimpalicious

You can go ahead and just print this out for flyers and whatnot. A realistic view on society, business and racing. I am very impressed.