1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA Family @ Tally...

Discussion in 'General' started by six6two, Apr 21, 2014.

1. six6two

six6two AWD

Big thanks to Eric Penz, The Merck family, and everyone else who helped load up our stuff after my get-off. Also huge thanks to all the WERA officals helping pops through all that too! It sucks to have a weekend cut short like that, but it is great to be able to go out, race, and put it all out there knowing what a great support system we've got in this paddock. Can't wait to get back out there with you guys.:up:

2. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Hate to hear about the buck off. But glad you are ok.

3. Dude, didnt know you had a getoff. You all good JD?

4. six6two

six6two AWD

Ended up with an L1 transverse compression fracture. Not a scratch elsewhere. Feeling pretty good though. Best possible outcome for a back break I would think. Probably out till Pikes Peak... and couldn't have happened at a better point in the season either for me. All is good here. :up:

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So no surgery or anything else?

6. I really hate to hear it. But I guess that is about as good as you could hope for a back injury. :beer:

7. six6two

six6two AWD

No surgery! Going back to UAB for follow up next week. The PT that saw me right before they let me go said I may not even need physical therapy, but we'll see. Could have been worse!

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Very cool! Sucks being hurt but overall that's good news.

9. Karl_L

Karl_L Well-Known Member

If its a cute little blond chick who calls herself a Physical Terrorist tell her I said hello. Can't remember her name

Hope for a fast recovery for you!

10. Czar

Czar Well-Known Member

JD so good to hear you are going to be OK with no residuals.....I had just turned around in the top floor of the Silo and saw you and Gilles get together and then split and go in different directions - when you did not pop up I knew you had taken a good hit. Then you rolled over and moved everything and I started to breathe again. Take care of yourself - Emily will get your medical forms and a credit for Sunday's stuff - we missed you on Sunday - I'll save you some Peeps!!!

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

She's lying about the peeps.... :D

12. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

13. :crackup:

14. cincigp

cincigp Well-Known Member

I hope all goes well for you. I had compression fractures of my L5 and L6 after a street crash 10 years ago. No surgery, no PT, just "if it hurts don't do it," and no repetitive impact sports like running. I occasionally still have some pain and slight nerve issues, but no serious long term problems. I hope your recovery goes as well as mine has so far.

15. I will never forget the save your Dad had during the Endurance race at the GNF back in 2011. Me, Kyle and JD40 just so happen to be standing over in that area watching and saw it all happen. We just stood there with our mouths open, then looked at each other, and we were like "he saved that shit!!!".

I think there are pictures floating around of it, but the pictures don't do it justice. It was one of the most badass saves I have ever seen, even counting those I've seen on TV.

IIRC, it was so violent that he had to pit because something messed up on the bike right?

16. six6two

six6two AWD

Definitely good news! In fact, all the news I've gotten since I hit the ground was better news than I anticipated.

Karl... the PT was smokin' hot :D

Thanks Evelyn! Yeah it really wasn't a bad crash I just took a weird bounce. Bummed I missed all the racing, but I cannot complain at this point!

Cinci.. that's great to hear!! That is exactly what they told me. I got a brace, but it's only for comfort, and it's not that comfortable so I'm not wearing it. Just trying to be as still as possible this week.

Here ya go Chris... :D he broke the throttle hanging on. It made the crash page. The funniest thing was him telling us all what a save he had, and I was just not happy he broke the throttle... couldn't find another triumph throttle so we were done. Then Brandon Bones found us and showed me the whole sequence. I've always had mad respect for the old man... but damn!

[​IMG]

17. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Reeeeeeespect.:clap:

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I've done that! But there was no photographer. And there was no save. I went over the front. Corner worker said that if it made me feel any better, he had given me a 10 for the dismount. It didn't make me feel better. My ass hurt like a mother...

19. six6two

six6two AWD

These are the kind of nightmares that wake me up at night!

20. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

...the next day, after Putter made you feel better that night.