1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lane splitting coming to GA?

Discussion in 'General' started by vince224, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Evil Cupcake

Evil Cupcake Active Member

I did it in California for years while stationed there, did it in Japan too on a XR 250R Motard.....hit a taxi cab (honcho) mirror and he was trying to apologize to me.

In Gwinnett County, especially when I worked off Peachtree Industrial and had to get clear across the county, I did it quite often.....many drivers made room, but more often than not if they saw me, they would try to pinch me off. On a Dorsoduro I was high enough to see if there was a cop ahead.

2. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

I think this is going to be the look of success for lane splitting here. :D

[​IMG]

Georgia's move over and the new don't be a left lane bandit laws don't seem to be secrets, it won't take long for people to know that splitting is legal once the law is passed. From the sponsoring reps website "Since introducing this bill, I have already had Legislative Counsel draft an amendment giving penalties to cars who block the lanes on purpose by moving their car or by opening their door, to protect the motorcyclist and raise car driver awareness."

3. K Kling

K Kling Well-Known Member

:crackup: Putting the pretenders in their place. It's ok Sean, you're still the king. :D

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Exactly! Bitches better recognize.

5. mpolans

mpolans Well-Known Member

Congestion is why you'd want to be able to do it.
    Lane splitting in Japan is awesome. At stop lights, I've had people fold in their mirrors and move out of the way to let me pass.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  6. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

You still messed up with "Monterrey" in the car rental thread. :Poke:

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Spelling of it? Not surprised.

8. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

I was in Paris this past summer for work. Watching the scooter drivers filter to the front at every light and then pin it when it turned green was great entertainment. Their situational awareness was impressive with being able to squeeze between a truck bumper and a Peugeot mirror, just missing either.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The dirt eaters can't drive now, let the bikes split lanes and the F250 drivers will think it's their right as well.

I vote no! Well, if I could (GA doesn't have a voter ID law?)

10. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Unless you were on your way to the GP in Nuevo Leòn.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Eh, don't care non about no hippie town anyhoo :D

Besides that - they're the ones who spelled it wrong, I'm with the Messicans on this one :D

12. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Yep picked up a slither of metal in the rear tire of my Super Tenere this past Saturday while creeping along on the shoulder to get around an accident.

Lucky for me I seen the shiny thing in the tire once home. Pulled it out and no leak yet.

13. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

I will remember that the next time I see a bike smeared in the shoulder. I'll be sure to yell out the window "Mongo told me to not let you learn something the easy way".

14. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Please read it carefully. Its even bolded.

"A shoulder, often serving as an emergency stopping lane"

"Typically the shoulder is not for use by moving traffic."

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What the hell are you talking about?

You know what - time for you to go too. This is getting ridiculous and you waste too much of my time trying to figure out what language you're speaking compared to the rest of us.

16. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

Sorry Dave, Georgia has "You must be this tall to vote" signs at all polling places.;)

17. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

LMAO.... Better than the friggin Soup Nazi!

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't understand why they insist on pushing when I tell them it's a busy week... :D

While I was nuking them I did notice something - Skip only has 12 days left :crackup:

19. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

What ... was it for a Year or 2? Damn time flies...

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

2 - it's the longest stock time built into the system :D