1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motogp salaries

Discussion in 'General' started by iomTT, Mar 27, 2014.

1. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

commen sence, you can leave the room now mate

2. ThrottleAbuse

ThrottleAbuse Will Race for CASH!

Those salaries all seem pretty low. I guess maybe from just the team those numbers could be right. I would bet they all have other personal sponsors that pay them also. I remember seeing an article a few years back and Rossi was either the highest paid athlete or second in the world and his total income was something like $60 million a year.

3. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Rossi make $HeDon'tGiveAFuckAboutYou amount of money. Basically he makes enough that he can do whatever he wants to do whenever he wants to do it.

Now if you REALLY want to see IDon'tGiveAFuck money...look at someone like BillG. :)

4. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

wrong.
    Bill G has Idogiveafuck kind of money. They (his financial peers, or close to him) all do.

5. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

I respectfully disagree.

6. Greg S

Greg S Well-Known Member

99 and 46 salary are both the same at 4million euro salary from YFR per season... endorsements ? well the 46 will always win that battle. i remember colins first year at foward he made 400k salary.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  7. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Rossi could give up racing bikes today and still get sponsors to follow him. He could easily step into a rally car and instantly make millions. Hell, he could go start racing bicycles and prob make more money then JL.

8. rraiderr

rraiderr Ron Jermey Jr

+1, he is a marketing machine, just no so much in the USA.

9. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

I'd say Rossi is the highest selling machine in the US besides Nicky.

10. Brian Van

Brian Van Track Gear Retailer

Let's not forget the additional 3 Superbike Shootout Rounds! Whatever Hayes is getting paid it is not enough. A better, more humble champion you won't find in any sport.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Agreed but neither is anything compared to what they can pull market wise elsewhere.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Nicky is or was #2 behind Rossi worldwide.

13. leviathan

leviathan Well-Known Member

Complete and utter bullshit. They are roughly 3-4x's above what's listed above. Fact. That's not including endorsements.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  14. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Roughly and fact in the same sentence does not work for me man

15. leviathan

Sorry Shaun.Didn't feel like digging my notebook out of box in the garage to quote you the exact number for each. It's close enough and point is your FB intelligence is laughably off base.

16. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Whatever Crutchlow is actually paid, it's too damn much. He jumps on the WSBK bike Spies rolls on and doesn't come close to matching the pace. Jumps on Spies's satellite bike which arguably was more factory and does less. Jumps on the latest gen Duc during testing and bitches about how it can't be ridden certain ways then when the electronics actually did fail, blasts Marelli. If I'm an investor listening to his shit....he better ride and win races & championships like Stoner or STFU and GTFO...:down:

17. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

fare enough, as I did say so myself with the opening

18. leviathan

All good. Cheers.:beer: