1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the record for leathers in a garbage bag?

Discussion in 'General' started by mmfoor, Feb 28, 2014.

1. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

I have had 3 sets cut off me and thrown in the garbage bag. Who holds the record?
    A Dianese, a Spidi, and a Fieldsheer.

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I only had one set cut off and I didn't want them back.

3. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

I had a set cut off and then the doctor put his finger up my butt. "To check nerve function."

YEP, I CAN FEEL THAT DICKHEAD

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, it was to check for nerve damage. Un hun. :D

5. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

You either missed a comma or it wasn't a finger. :Poke:

6. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

haven't had the pleasure of joining this club as of yet, going to try to keep it that way.

7. zx1012r

zx1012r WERA Wannabe

I've only had 1 set cut off.

But my son was snowboarding 4 weeks ago in Mass. with about 4 layers and a new down jacket from Christmas. He managed to break both wrists on the last run of the day. Wouldn't you know, under protest from him, the EMT's cut all his upper body garments off in the ambulance. My son said he tried to tell them he could get them off with a little help but the EMT said my son was in trauma and had to have an IV put in.

My wife went to pick him up at the hospital and said she followed the down feathers from the entrance to the room he was in.

My wife works at Home Depot and has to deal with all sorts of weird questionable returns. So for fun she packed the jacket and returned it to LL Bean for a replacement. "Garment defective" was all she put on the return form. We're still wondering if they will send us a replacement jacket or if they have tacked it up on the wall in their returns dept as a "look what some crazy idiot tried to return" item. :D

8. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

I think they're checking for internal bleeding.

I guess I've been pretty lucky all in all. I've only had one garment cut off of me and it was a cordura jacket. The ER folks were brandishing their scissors in preparation to start snipping my cordura pants off when I suggested, "Hey, why not just unzip them?" They seemed genuinely surprised that the leggings zipped all the way open.

9. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

thought you said it was just a finger???

10. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

lmfao, omg

oh, the power of punctuation.

and now naturally my edit window has passed.

11. Brett A

Brett A Well-Known Member

Lmao! :crackup:

12. loser

loser Well-Known Member

You make it sound like the high light of his day was putting a finger in your ass. Like your ass is it's own reward. Next time just refuse assistance and lay in a broken heap.

13. Karl_L

Karl_L Well-Known Member

LL Bean used to take a lot of pride in their "return anything" policy, don't know if that's still the case but it's surely worth asking. I remember stories of guys wearing their boots for 20+ years and returning them when they wore out. LL Bean was pretty proud of that.

And, just to play along, one set of leathers cut off. My friends held on to the remains and when I checked it out a few months later I found they had cut through everything I wore that session except my gloves & boots. Everything else, including the back protector straps, down to the skin. For some reason I was surprised to see my cut up underarmor riding shorts in the bag.

14. owndjoo

owndjoo muthapucka

lol:crackup: atleast when I had that done it was actually a smokin hot trauma nurse....:beer::D

15. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

dude, fuck that EMT. i broke my collarbone at LVMS and the EMT's there were patient and cool enough to give me morphine first and help me out of my leathers. "no time, he's in trauma".. yeah, his life is really in danger because of a pair of broken wrists.

i had a buddy threaten to refuse treatment from the EMT if they didn't put the shears away, heh. only reason i let them cut me out of my leathers on the IOM was they were worried about spinal damage (because I was stupid enough to tell them "of course my fuckin neck hurts, i just crashed at 150 goddamn mph") and had me strapped to a backboard. in that case they're barred from unstrapping you until they X-ray you, and the armor in the leathers gets in the way of the x-ray.

badass story about the return tho lol, hope they have a sense of humor and replace it :beer:

16. zx1012r

zx1012r WERA Wannabe

My son is 15 and could have been more adamant about getting his own clothing off, but he is also not very assertive.

When I had my leathers cut off I said "no f*ing way dude do you know how much these cost?" I tried a few times to get them off but they thought I had a compound collar bone and it did hurt like the devil when they were pulling my sleeves. They kept telling me I'm going to do a lot more damage to my body so eventually I relented. It turned out to just be a really nasty 4 inch gash going up and over the shoulder and they could see the collar bone clearly. One compliment I got from them and the doctors-"wow, your blood clots really well. There's hardly any bleeding!" Thanks!

17. barnacle bill

barnacle bill Darethea and B Bill

Cutting off leathers

if you must have your leathers cut off and you are still lucid . tell them to cut them right up the middle of the sleeves outside panel and accross the shoulder through to the collar. don't let them start at the zippers. they are hard and more expensive to replace. I have a machine that will put it back together and then I just sew a stripe or graphic over it. done it a lot. try to save as many zippers as possible though. just putting this out there. bill and darethea

Attached Files:

18. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

For 2 of the cut-offs I was unconscious and had no say; for the other I had no fight as I was more concerned about my R foot that had nearly been cut in 2 by my foot peg.
    The only thing I miss is the AMA pro patch we had to wear back in the late 80s which I kept transferring to every new set of leathers. My wifey had more important things on her mind than saving my black bag of leathers.
    AND I am glad I was unconscious so I wouldn't know about what went up my butt, with or without punctuation.

19. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

nothing of any value to add, but...

sweet. a$$. beard.

:up:

20. barnacle bill

barnacle bill Darethea and B Bill

whiskers

yeah I had to trim it up for archery season. kept getting caught in the bowstring " ouch" burt I trimmed both sides so they would match. grandson never missed them as I took it off over a week or two. bill and darethea

Attached Files: