Roebling National/Regional

Discussion in 'General' started by vosnick52, Feb 25, 2014.

1. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

so we might be going uphill. I haven't raced with CCS in a long time. Do they not behave themselves?

2. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

i believe they like to leave vp gas cans behind.. or at least it used to be an issue..

3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

last year it was mass kaos. And the No Habla thing. ;)

4. Cajun Kid

Cajun Kid Well-Known Member

Nobody tried to stab anyone with a three foot screw driver at the ccs weekend...... :Poke:

5. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Yep. Was an issue at Daytona last year I believe.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We have the same issues with VP cans even with the help of a number of people who help us out by cleaning up after other racers.

7. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

Everyone should take VP cans! You get good metal price on them at the recycler!

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wonder if they explode a little in the shredder....

9. Cajun Kid

Cajun Kid Well-Known Member

I use mine for target practice.

10. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

VP's stance on cans:
    The 5 gallon pails are unlined and unrefillable. Once you've emptied them leave the cap off and leave them in a ventilated open space and once any remaining liquid has evaporated then the can is non-hazardous, garbage. It's good steel and as I've said before you should get the $0.20 per pound rate for it right now.
    The 15 - 50 gallons are lined and are refillable and that's why you have to pay a deposit. When you're done just replace the cap tightly and bring it back to your dealer.

As far as who what and where you can actually throw the cans away: we're guests where ever we go and it's up to them. The bed of our truck is always empty so you can just drive by and toss them in there. But all I do with them is send them to the recycler (or to the Colombian dude that takes the metal if I'm lazy that week). But it is inert the moment that it's empty and can legally go in any dumpster or garbage... as long as the owner of the dumpster or garbage agrees (like at the track).

11. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

this a bit off topic, but is 110 available at RRR?

12. Gorilla

Gorilla Let me push on that bitch

Don't forget AHRMA this weekend but I'm goin to all three this month so yeah yall are fucked lol

13. brianspeed3

brianspeed3 Well-Known Member

Anyone know what time the gates close friday night?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  14. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

10pm most likely

15. brianspeed3

coming from Atlanta but wife can't get off until 5. going to be close. At least we have a generator. I will just park right in the middle of the driveway so someone has to wake me up. Made that mistake once at Jennings and missed practice.

16. brianspeed3

hoping they stay open a little later being a major holiday weekend down there.

17. Make sure you take your laptop in case you get there after 10pm and the gates are closed.

18. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

As this is our first time with these guys, questions about gas and such will maybe have to be discovered as we go. I think I would come prepared just in case.
    I will be there when they open Thursday and if I can get wifi or a good enough phone signal I can post up what I discover. Of course, WERA may have these answers before we go.

19. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

Does anyone know what the gate times are on Thursday? Also, do anyone know how much practice is on Friday?

20. Gorilla

Gorilla Let me push on that bitch

FYI all the road construction on 75 right before 16 is done. Thank sweet baybay Jesus.