1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spies Like Us

Discussion in 'General' started by caferace, Feb 27, 2014.

1. caferace

caferace No.

-jim

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

NSA! CIA! Colonel Mustard in the library with the candlestick! Mongo!

3. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

It was you wasn't it, Jim? :)

If they didn't want to be spied on then they should have covered the bikes and riders in that funky looking fabric that auto manufacturers do when they are out testing.

4. caferace

caferace No.

I have been known to drop by Sears and T-Hill when the factories were testing, but no. Not this time. :D

-jim

5. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

I read the title as something about Ben Spies.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

It was Aliens from the horsehead nebula looking for someone to anal probe and they discovered that Hayes has a nice butt.

7. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Sounds more like a marketing ploy by Yamaha.

8. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

That's it. It was Ben looking at a possible comeback. Playing on the last name.:Poke::Poke::Poke:

9. caferace

caferace No.

First thing that crossed my mind. But amusing, nonetheless. ;)

It's really not hard to figure out when teams are testing somewhere. IN the age of "social media" half the time the riders announce it to the public sort of unwittingly. If the teams and tracks don't want people there, well then they have ways. But T-Hill (and Sears to some extent) all have vantage points outside the circuit property. I can see it happening.

-jim

10. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

Yup, they have some video on their fb page

11. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Which Hayes?? :Poke:

12. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Contrived controversy isn't the worst strategy I've seen. Actually, given that they've created a controversy that involves their brand without actually implicating it as the culprit, it's pretty ingenious.

...or some people were just curious and well-organized. I bet they could have gotten better pics by asking the team for permission and making some compromises on creative control.

13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

A weak one too.

14. racing+life

racing+life Well-Known Member

Hey, they have to do something. They will race in a championship that nobody will see or care about.

Maybe, just maybe they should take all that money they would have spent on TV commercials and put it all into prize money and sponsoring club racing.

15. :stupid:

16. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

:stupid: seems like a fun idea though… I'm actually interested in seeing the final product

17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

+ 1,000

There seems to be a sneak peak of it on Josh's Instagram

18. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Maybe the picture takers from Deal's Gap have migrated. :D

19. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

The "spy" footage I saw posted up has the Monster, Graves and Yamaha logos on it.

And one of the spy shots is Graves' Facebook cover shot.

Kinda funny. Kinda clever.

20. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

:clap::clap::clap: Dito from Gotbluemilk is a spy. :crackup::crackup: