1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Northern half of Georgia wintry weather possible

Discussion in 'General' started by jkhonea, Feb 9, 2014.

1. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

The NWS put up their watch last night and today. There is a member of the Georgia Outdoor News network that does his own weather predictions based on multiple weather models. Before you discount him, he has quite the history of being right. He nailed the last hit that we just had with pretty much complete accuracy. If he's right again, we're in for an interesting week starting Tuesday morning.

Take this with a grain of salt, but you might want to look at this if you're in the Atlanta area and north. Also, click in and you can get further in the thread. He was originally saying about 2" snow in Atlanta area, followed by 2" sleet and .75" of freezing rain but as of today, he's seeing heavier snow for us now.

I take this guys predictions much more seriously than the ones on TV. This guy seems to get it right.

http://forum.gon.com/showpost.php?p=8485709&postcount=383

2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

I didnt realise georgia really got snow........only ever passed through as a wee lad many years ago in the summertime,and my image of the place was always hot and humid.haha,shows what i know

3. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Eff it. I'm calling in tomorrow.:Poke:

4. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Better get to Bilo before all the bread and milk is gone...

5. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see the idiots, one time is a fluke and I got that, second time you're really the only one to account for being stupid enough to drive in it when you know what its all about.

6. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

As long as it's gone by Thursday when I leave for Palm Springs...

7. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Uh oh. I'm in Gainesville for 6 days starting Thursday. Should I bring winter boots and ice cleats?

8. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Wintry weather? In winter?

Oh, the humanity! :D

9. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

<British accent> Wintree :D

10. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Yeah it sucks:D

11. No work Monday or Tuesday. I'll stay home and work on my bike.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, forewarning - WERA may not be open early next week :D

13. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Damn, you guys get two inches of snow and it is armageddon. We get 3 feet and it isn't even a snow day at school. Man up and get to work.:Poke:

14. Shhh go ride a moose.

15. drybreak

drybreak Fuelish Boy

Thanks for the heads up. I'm right on the red/green lines and on a heavily wooded lot. Last time we had a lot of freezing rain I heard (and saw) tree limbs snapping for hours. Sounded like rifle fire in the woods, and limbs -- big limbs -- were falling everywhere. That, too, was in February... '97 or '98 IIRC.

Probably get some gas for the gens and haul some firewood closer just in case. Other than that... hope for the best.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm liking the one model that has 14+ inches of snow in Columbia, SC :crackup:

17. used2Bfast

used2Bfast Still healing

Has Atlanta drivers started crashing into each other yet? Figuring since it doesn't take much...:Poke::D

18. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

In birmingham people are already abandoning their cars on the side of the highways, just to get a good spot.

:D

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

20. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Lol at used2befast and crazywolf.:Poke: