1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The wife and your tools...

Discussion in 'General' started by whitarnold, Feb 5, 2014.

1. whitarnold

whitarnold Bike #137

Who here lets their wives use their tools? What is hard about the concept: "use the tool, put it back where you found it"... I am now forced to lock all my tools away in storage and I even had to go to Lowes and buy my wife her little "house tool box"! $200.00 after it was all said and done. My wife will NEVER use my tools again. Even if her (lawn chair / camp chair) brakes while we are at the track.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

She never touches them. Has a few basics in the kitchen drawer and anything else either I fix it or she calls someone in :D

3. whitarnold

whitarnold Bike #137

My Tools! Bad Kitty!

Attached Files:

4. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

My wife doesn't put her cooking tools away in the kitchen. She doesn't get access to my tools. :tut:

5. kangasj

kangasj Banned

When I send Kim up the mast I'll give her a screw driver and maybe some pliers, sometimes even a knife. Of course, I always confiscate them when she comes back down...

Attached Files:

6. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

The wife isn't an issue. It's my GD son and his f*&^ing mountain bike!

I finally got him squared away after a few mistakes. My favorite was him asking me why I always bitched about shutting the top drawer on the chest even if I was going to get into it 10 times an hour. He found out real quick when he ripped his shoulder open on the corner of the drawer.

But I didn't ride him too hard. I was glad to see him using tools to fix something.

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

Evidently a crescent wrench is the same as a pair of pliers and there is no difference between a Philips and flat screw driver. Never ever let the SO use my tools. :D

8. Aberk

Aberk Well-Known Member

I have no idea where the pack of scissors I bought for my tool box wound up.

9. mattf

mattf Banned-a-lama-ding-dong.

My tools are in the garage. Hers are in the kitchen. We don't mess with each other's tools!

10. whitarnold

whitarnold Bike #137

I would hate to get to the track and have to get a wheel off and open the tools up and my sockets be missing. Only to call my wife and found out the "used the big one" to "hammer in some tack nails" for "the new baby pictures"! I would throw my phone out on the track!

11. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Stay married long enough and the wife won't touch any of your tools.

12. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

For the win...

my wife has my 75.00 snap on multi screw driver in the kitche to "replace" batteries and such. Guess its better than her using a butter knife

13. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Kinda like Dtalbott's situation, my wife quit using my "tool" a few years ago. She said that it was worn out. :eek:

14. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

:beer:

15. Phl218

Phl218 .

i let mine try all tools. if she's good with them she's free to use 'em. the more she understands why i need A LOT of tools, the easier it is to sneak some in the shopping cart at lowes, when she's buing new pots, dirt or whatever for the flowers.

hammer, screwdrivers and saw works fine, power tools and measuring stuff is not her thing. errrthang is 15"

:D

16. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

My tools all stay in the basement. I can count the number of times my wife has been in the basement, over the 7 years we've owned our house, on one hand.

17. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

She knows where they are and is free to use them. We have come to an understanding that she is not to put them away. We're both ok with this.

18. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

She knows where mine are. This is why i have found screwdrivers on window seals, pliers on the driveway, and wrenches in the yard...which i found with the lawnmower

19. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

If I can't find the newest #2 Philips screwdriver, I always ask here where she put it.

20. spare tool box became her tool box. whatever spare tools i had made their way into that box for her. she stopped touching my stuff.