1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Richard Sherman

Discussion in 'General' started by omatter34, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I think he cost the Seahawks some future fans by that interview.

2. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

I know you didn't, just more of a reference to the article above your post.
    It would go all Dungeoney if I went any further. ;)

3. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

I think he may have gained some. His twitter followers jumped by 300,000 in the 24 hours following the interview. His agent says his phone has been ringing off the hook. There are many people that now know the name Richard Sherman that didn't know it prior to the interview.

4. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

5. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

And you know he was being sincere.

6. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Dude, stick to your prejudices much? The man offered his hand and congratulations on a "helluva game". Anyone still seeing that as "the ultimate taunt", as it was sometimes called (notably, before the audio came out and people could only speculate about what was actually spoken) is at this point just being cynical and grasping for anything to validate the judgment they arrived at earlier.

Even if they didn't like each other, there was no taunting in that specific interaction. Sherman was trying to bury the hatchet, and Crabtree literally slapped him in the face for it. Watch the video again, you can actually see Sherman's surprise in his body language at the reaction - seemed to me he expected Crabtree to be a decent person about it. That surprise isn't there when you do something meant to be offensive.

7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I think it was more of the caveman screaming interview after that play that people are shocked about. He portrayed himself as a load mouth bad winner, and that doesn't help his credibility much, unless you're looking for that kind of cred. So what if 300k people are talking about you, how many were speaking positive about him? I think it's kind of sad. There was a touching story about a teammate of his that's deaf. I believe he is a running back. He does a lot of work with deaf children, and really seemed like a nice guy. I was actually wanting someone new to win a Superbowl, and was on the fence about the Seahawks, but now I hope Manning and crew kick their asses.

8. madkaw

madkaw Meh...

And this is why motorcycle racing is better. At the end of every race you see the winner shake hands, give/get thumbs up, and get pat the back by most of the competition, the first of them usually being their main rival. You don't have to like each other but you can still respect one another. Crabtree is a sore loser.

9. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

Yea, and Biaggi got bit by a mosquito on the way to the podium...

10. madkaw

madkaw Meh...

That's why I say "most"

11. dtalbott

I'm only prejudiced against stupid people and classless athletes.

12. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

He needs to win.
    whatever else he may or may not is only found important about people who should rather be watching soap operas instead of a game.

I am glad there are people like him who speak their mind. we all know that is what they are thinking...might as well say it too!

13. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

How do you know that he is stupid?
    do you believe yourself to be smarter than him?

14. dtalbott

Classier, anyway.

15. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

calling someone that you have never met to be stupid= class.

gotcha :up:

16. dtalbott

Would you mind showing me the post where I said he was stupid?

17. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

so the "stupid" in this does not refer to him?

it was just a random assertion towards all of the stupid people of the world? :D

18. dtalbott

Actually, the stupid part is from something my oldest child told me. He pointed out to me one day that I have a low tolerance for stupid people.

19. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Gotcha!

My apologies for misunderstanding and assuming.

20. dtalbott

No worries.

And you are correct about not calling someone stupid who you haven't met. Just because someone acts stupid doesn't mean they are stupid.