New Ford F150 truck body made with aluminum

Discussion in 'General' started by G 97, Jan 12, 2014.

1. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

Mazda Miata's used aluminum hood and trunks since forever.

2. G 97

G 97 Garth

3. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I can see using certain materials to save weight and money. But the idea of an aluminum bed on a truck sounds crazy, especially for us that work out of our trucks. Doesn't aluminum dent easier? Of course most trucks just haul groceries any more:Poke:

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

:stupid:
    I'd like to see one after an Iowa pig farmer uses it for a year.

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Buy a Toyota or Dodge. :D

6. [​IMG]

:D

Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
  7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Chris, you realize that you quoted his link to the story with video, right? If he goes, you're right behind him. :D

8. SmokeDog34

SmokeDog34 Well-Known Member

Nissan has been using aluminum hoods on the Maxima and Altima for a couple of years. The new JX infinity also use them .

The bumpers on the JX is 24 pounds of aluminum. 6 bolts and its off. The local dealership had several rear bumpers removed....

9. G 97

G 97 Garth

Nothing to see here, move along please. :eek:

10. KBacon

KBacon Well-Known Member

This looks OK
    [​IMG]

This looks ODD
    [​IMG]

Interior is nice
    [​IMG]

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

Thank god the new $4.5 million Lamborghini Veneno roadster was finally released. I've been waiting forever for it. :rolleyes:

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Some cool cars rolling out this week at the show: The Golf R, a lot of additional info on the A3, the new VW suv, the Audi Q3 . . . well, that's all I give a shit about. :D

13. Nope.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

:D

14. I really like that interior. It is making me want a new truck.

15. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

WTF is up with those headlights? Not a fan of the lump of body colored plastic in the middle of the light.
    Other than that it looks like every other hooptied out $50k+ pickup on the market that some guy bought to enhance his Marlboro man image. If it is used for anything other than a grocery getter the aluminum body panels will probably get dented all to hell in no time.
    I am sure there will be people that love them but it is a good thing that Ford doesn't have to rely on my money to make their bottom line.

16. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

LOL! Better wait for the F350. Ain't no way that little F150 could tow your trailer!

17. I dont like the front of it. I dont like the little tab of color between the headlights, and the rounded shape of the top of the grill looks like a Toyota.

I like the previous body style better.

But my next vehicle will be a car. I get tired of driving that big ass Crew Cab 4x4 Diesel around the city. It is aggravating getting in and out of places and parking spots.I just got done having some new wheels and tires (bigger) put on it and im about to lift it up a lil bit, so it probably isnt going to get any easier. :D

But i plan on getting a car for day to day driving, then the truck will just be for pulling or hauling shit.

18. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

It looks like the same body with a Superduty grill.

19. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

I'm not getting the body shop argument here.

Heck you already have to replace all kinds of shit anyway in a bender.....not like this is gonna be some huge difference

20. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

That's a good looking truck and I like it.