1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which website for used Mountain Bikes ?

Discussion in 'General' started by AJ, Jan 3, 2014.

1. AJ

AJ Well-Known Member

2. novice201

novice201 "I'm a robot chicken!"

There appears to be quite a few local CA mtb forums you can try, often you'll find some great deals there and you can at least go look at the stuff.

At $1000 you'll have to be careful but it's doable. I just sold a 2011 Stumpjumper FSR 29er with some upgrades that needed nothing for $1200 on Craigslist. As mentioned, the bottom is sorta falling out of the 26er market so there will be some great deals to be had there.
    CL can be good too, search for Specialized Camber, Trek Rumblefish, maybe Giant Anthem or Trance 29ers. All popular big maker bikes that pop up fairly often.
    FWIW:
    http://www.treefortbikes.com/cat/0/5/Bikes.html#navbar=pro___333222382167___40

That's a screaming deal on a brand new bike. The 2014 version has some major (and worthwhile) revisions but the 2013 ain't a bad bike and the specs are perfectly rideable. A local dealer might be able to offer you one at similar savings. Dunno if there's any left but the Cannondale Scalpel (mostly the 3 and 4) were both priced well to move leftovers.
    Good luck!!

3. AJ

AJ Well-Known Member

Thanks! That Salsa looks very nice but with shipping and tax will be way over my budget.

4. Tiller15

Tiller15 TEAM GIXXER

Shipping is free. Just sales tax on that one. Sure seems like a steal!

I'd love it but not sure I want a FS