1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EX 500 championship bike cheap!

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by mmfoor, Nov 12, 2012.

1. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

As you prolly know my brain bumped my skull awhile back so I am gettin out of the EX 500 biz. The bike survived the hit at Rd A really well; I believe I took the primary impact.
    With a bit of love and caring, this bike can easily be back in the winners' circle. It has, bar none, always been the best handling of all the EXs out there; a joy to ride anywhere.
    I have won 7 regional championships over the the last few years in the ultra competitive SE region. I'm old, ugly, tired, and such so you know it was the bike!
    This EX is setup the way winners have been historically w/F2 forks, wheels, brakes, ZX6 swinger, Fox shock, solid motor mounts, lightened flywheel (total loss), spare F2 wheels w/rains, and more...
    Have 3 parts motors and another spare that can easily be made race-able.
    I really need the space and want all the stuff gone to a new home as soon as possible. $1,000 for it all!!! I'm 90 miles south of Atlanta.
    PM if you have a question or post up here.
    Thanks for the interest!

Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  2. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

You hit your head so hard you forgot about the classifieds section :Poke:

Gald to see you're on your way to a full recovery...:up:

3. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Good to see ya back Morris.:up:

Wish I had a grand sir....:eek:

Good luck.

4. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

I didn't forget; doin' the vintage slide!
    Actually I hope to post 2 or 3 of my rides in classified today.
    Yep, feeling lots better and bored as hell sittin' around the house. Hopefully the hole in my head is done leaking!:D

5. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Thanks Bro! Good to be back. Had a great WERA peep weekend w/Dawn and Mike at the house!

6. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

I wish you and them nuttin but the best sir!:up:

I hope Dawn is also healing up, and Mike is hangin in there....there have been a few call-backs at the plant here, I dont know if he was one or not.....but whoever made the decision with Mikes job code (cuz the people it affects really have nothing to do with it in a union environment, you are a number) really slowed things down around here! great move :rolleyes: ...and its gonna get worse. :confused: .....I hope he's doin OK.

Your bike should move sir...in more ways than 1!:beer:

Who did your motor work?

7. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Vic Fasola did the blown 600. If I was to grab the EX, I would have Engine Dynamics do another 600 or 540 build. It ran almost 3 yrs w/the 600 and I bet a 540 kit would go forever.

8. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

PM sent.

9. FEMotorsports

FEMotorsports Fast Eddys Motorsports

How much damage is there?

Colin

10. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

tank has a pretty good ding and bodywork is scrapped up. All is functional. Running gear is OK; bike slid apparently.
    A good motor needs to be installed and as stated earlier, one of the spares only has a coolant issue.

Prolly has over $1000 in good add-on parts:
    Kehin flatsides
    race exhaust
    ZX6 swingarm
    Honda F2 wheels plus spare set with rains
    F2 forks
    Fox shock
    solid motor mounts
    CFM rearsets
    lightened flywheel
    etc...

I can't deliver, I'm in no condition to drive at this point.

11. FEMotorsports

FEMotorsports Fast Eddys Motorsports

12. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

13. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Bad ass bike for sure!

14. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

I just had a look at it in the trailer yesterday and except for a new ding on the tank she looks great! Prolly the best handling setup on an EX out there.
    I have some pics I took w/the phone and I hope to get them up in the next few days!!!

15. MES Racing

MES Racing Well-Known Member

Did you ever sell this bike?

16. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Yes he did.