1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GoPro Download

Discussion in 'General' started by tswag, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

There was an issue that could impact customers (did impact some) so it was removed from the store. It's unfortunate that it wasn't discovered earlier.

I'm sure that never happens with iDevices.

2. Yes it does. First version of everything is a stress. Ifun toys or otherwise.

3. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

If you take her comment the way the story is saying it will it means we won't have a tablet

4. There were some parts that I didn't understand.

Seemed like MS gave up on the idea of finally having control over hardware and software. Ahh well, we didn't need another "tablet."

The article made me think the whole tablet they were creating with RT was trying to bridge the gap between laptop and ipad and where a user could use one device to do everything. This didn't execute as planned, obviously. I think we are a 3 item consumer right now, laptops(which replaced plenty of desktop hardware applications. My work only issues laptops since they are powerful enough to accomplish what we need), Phones and iPads. I don't foresee a change. Most things I can accomplish on my ipad (even work stuff as I have a work ipad for some tasks) then I switch over to my laptop for excel and some online website applications that we use.

I've tried to use excel on the windows tablet and it's not right for me. If I connected it to a monitor and put a full Bluetooth keyboard then I would be more efficient at it but, then I would just use my laptop. Not to mention I usually multi monitor at work.

5. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Other than some details the issue with the RT tablet is simply a lack of apps. It's designed to compete heads up with the iPad and then provide you some more functionality since we already had it. If we can get enough apps (and the right apps) then the RT tablet will be able to compete with the iPad.

Will we be able to do that? Well the phone has the same problem. With the 8.1 release of phone (and the already released 8.1 for the rt tablet) we will help with that gap as the same app will be able to run on the phone and rt tablet. It will help but it's t everything we need. So in our usual way we will try to do what is needed to catch up.

Also in your description what your tablet lacked was an attached keyboard of some sort. That's where the Surface comes into play along with some other systems out there.

6. Catching up is right. In the apps department no one is shy about saying its behind with even a few of the larger apps(I think I remember someone mentioning it lacked connectivity through a Cisco VPN which in the my world is a standard). The keyboard isn't that huge of a selling point for me. If the device had actually accomplished the goal of bridging that gap and being a nice tool for getting rid of the laptop/ipad devices then the keyboard was genius. The ideas were there but maybe it's just ahead of its time ?

7. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Cisco VPN isn't the type of app I'm talking about. I'm speaking of Windows Store apps.

As to Cisco VPN I have a feeling we spoke with them about support and somehow it didn't happen. For example how do you think RT has flash support? One thing it does support is direct access which then allows for remote app virtualization. And you can also do Remote Desktop (the app is in the store as a free download). It becomes a very good for meeting junkies. Light weight. Good battery life. Still can access your desktop system if you need to (if the remote app virtualization doesn't work for whatever reason)

As to the keyboard I hate the touch keyboard. Doesn't work for my tactile senses. But that's why there is a type keyboard which while thicker works just fine for me.

8. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Oh and I blame our marketing department for not doing a good job showing all of the stuff you can do with it. If I can find it I'll send you a YouTube of this guy who did
    a good job of this.

9. I think apple did a garbage job of selling iPads and minis(remember the playing piano on the two side by side?). In fact, I think most have. The surface was the only one to mention its skills and included compatibility in its commercials.