Cartersville, GA

Discussion in 'General' started by CRA_Fizzer, Nov 18, 2013.

1. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Going to be there for 3 weeks in January at the InBev plant for a startup.

Looking for good places to eat and decent bars.

Thanks in advance.

2. biggenyz426

biggenyz426 too big to fail

Nothing in effing Cartersville. You can go a little south on 75 to Acworth, Woodstock, Marietta and find some decent stuff. What are you in to food/beverage-wise?

3. nikk777

nikk777 Well-Known Member

Doug's in Emerson if you like country cooking. Exit 283 off I-75, head west, it's on the left. Look for the old Coca-Cola sign. It's a hole in the wall and pretty cheap but really good food and they usually have cute waitresses. I haven't been in a while to scout the talent though.

4. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Most of the "corporate" or nationwide stuff is there, the norm.....there may be a decent mom and pop BBQ place, but i dont know for sure.

You poor bastid, stuck in cartersville for 3 weeks...in Jan....:Poke::D

Biggeny is correct, alot more options south.

I'm about 30mi SW of Cartersville. If you get totally bored, ping me thru here. I'm usually out in the shop if I'm home.

5. Jim McDowell

Jim McDowell Hoping to pass tech

If you have any interest in western art you have to go to the Booth Western Art Museum.

After that stop by the Ross Diner for a hot fried apple pie and a bag of key lime cookies.

6. biggenyz426

biggenyz426 too big to fail

Yeah, and there's a science museum that's supposed to be pretty cool there.

7. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

not much to do in town. I lived there for a few years but spent most of my time in ATL or on the road.

Tellus Museum just up 75 an exit or two is a cool science museum, keep meaning to take my kid there.

Booth museum is supposed to be very nice, again, never went when I was there, but heard it was good.

mostly just chain restaurants around. a few decent mexican places but they tend to come and go.

your best bet is to get on i-75 and head towards Marietta or Kennesaw for good non chain food. or go east to Canton on 20 (ask Mongo for recommendations). or maybe even spend a day or two in Rome west of there. decent food right downtown in Rome.

8. automan

automan It's all about the drive!

Is that where we ate, Nikk?

9. Like everyone said Cartersville is boring as Hell.

If you're ok with driving a bit there's great food 20 or so minutes away. Downtown canton has 2 really good places worth eating at. Downtown kitchen and going coastal. Going coastal is one of my favorite places in the area.Good bbq spot in canton too. JD's bbq. Downtown kitchen has a good bar and great food. Marietta has great food too. There is a killer Columbian place in Marietta square. If you need more suggestions not in cartersville you can shoot me a pm.

10. Steve C

Steve C Mostly working.

Depends on what you like. You're going to have to drive some...
    Henry's in Acworth - top-notch cajun cooking.
    Kennesaw: not much, Hooter's is okay - the wimmin, not the food.
    Several places around downtown Woodstock Vingenzo's is good, Freight is good, Century House too. Further South, in Marietta, and more up$cale: Common Quarter, Seed, Zeal. There's a bbq place on every corner from Chattanooga to Savannah.

yelp opentable and kudzu are your friends. :)

Steve

11. nikk777

nikk777 Well-Known Member

Yes sir! :up:

12. trispdtrip

trispdtrip Poor, Fat, Slow Racer

Damn Alex, we need to get together. My wife and I live @ Goin' Coastal. Highly Recommend.
    To the OP, I second Henry's in Acworth. Awesome!

13. CRA_Fizzer

Thanks guys.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Appalachian Grill downtown under the Church Street bridge (still on Church technically) - good food. Haven't really been anywhere else. Henrys down in Acworth is great. Not a whole lot over here in Canton for great food but some decent places downtown, although after working all day the 20-30 min drive over and back might suck.

15. CRA_Fizzer

Ate there tonight. Decent place. And Yuengling on tap.

We "had" to go to the tasting room at the plant today... If you are the driver, they make you blow into a breathalyzer. You have to be below .05!

16. You still have my number? You met my lady that one day, still haven't met you. we go up there every other week. Love that place. Shoot me a text if you get a chance I got a new phone and lost some numbers. We can grab some grub there.