1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brake lever guards

Discussion in 'Tech' started by roy826ex, Nov 6, 2013.

1. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

eBay Rizoma knock offs are very nice for the money.

I've got woodcraft and vortex all over my bike and I like to support made in the USA but the asking price of the big vendors is ridiculous for what it is, a basic metal bar.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  2. boloson

boloson Well-Known Member

3. RED675

RED675 Well-Known Member

I'm with you! I talked to Chuck the other day and should let me know when the new ones are ready. I hope they placed a big order, I have a feeling they may sell out fast.

4. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

When I started looking into this in early 2008 I could only find the Rizoma and the Bargy guard. I am so glad there are so many great choices now!

5. Vstate60

Vstate60 Jaspon&Armas, PA

6. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

:crackhead: WHAT??? whose home made crap you running???

DECENT as in rearsets not made from chinese bubble gum "aluminum" that hold up well in crash, fit well, have a company supporting the sport making them and mainly offer GOOD shift linkage ratios, are $300-600. guess i just feel my 2 main points holding me onto a bike at 150+ mph are worth a bit more.. then again the ugly stripper is always cheaper for dances for a reason too.. :D

7. Vstate60

You know....I used to give you the benefit of the doubt when it came to you sounding like a retard!

Those days are over.

What is half of $300 (the number you said you'd pay for rearsets)???

I'll play like your pre-K teacher did and give you the answer: $150 you stupid fuck!! Meaning approx $150 per side (rear sets, lever guards, tire warmers, swingarm spools, etc) it doesn't matter since were speaking of HALF the cost, rear sets, levers, whatever.

Reading. Comprehension. Ed. Who. ?

8. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

Fuck you asshole! You didn't state "1/2 of rear sets cost that". Nice back pedal thou

Next time be clearer in your dumb ass comment.

9. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

ummmmmm..........yea, he did.

10. Vstate60

Who's the crackhead? :Poke:

11. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

LMAO....

12. boloson

boloson Well-Known Member

They are pricey but not far off from some of the other brands mentioned. Dions are much more & doesn't offer pinky protection. Just listing some options for the op

13. Vstate60

Yeah I hear you. I'm sort of surprised at how much they cost in general, not just the ones you mentioned. The Dion Device is like $250 per side I believe, wild man. One of the forum regulars retrofitted some MB handles and made them look sharp/useable as brake/clutch lever guards.

Maybe he'll chime in.....

14. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

you could fabricate your own. But from $10 to $300 they are still not overpriced if it saves you from a crash.

15. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

I thought they brought down the price on the Dion device? I just installed one on my new bike and it's a VERY nice piece of kit.

The organization I race with had 200 donated to them from the "Max Mercier" fundraising group. They were no longer doing the fundraiser and used the leftover money for safety items at the track including the Dion device for each license holding racer. :up: :clap:

16. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

17. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Just wondering, Does anyone have problems with the device interfering with the race plastic?

18. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Not at all... At least the Woodcrafts..... I am diggin the new Vortex's also... As far as the Dions go.... I remember when they came out awhile back... I was like WTF on the price.... I know they were the OFFICAL Lever Guard supplier of the AMA or something like that but for that price I would expect a couple hot strippers to at least install them for me.... Oh and take their time....

19. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Vortex V3

Ok just a follow up. I went with Vortex since my whole bike is Vortex and their slim design was attractive.

Here it is on my bike
    [​IMG]

Almost a moot point with my CRG shorty brake lever but I guess something there is better than nothing. I've already been the victim of a front brake incident. Wish I had this at the time.

Oh and it cost $110 bucks.

20. Jay305

Jay305 Well-Known Member

^ Did this fit on the original clip on or is that an extended tube?