1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Veteran's Day Nov 11th (wife's not happy)

Discussion in 'General' started by rwood64083, Nov 6, 2013.

1. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

Susan asked me a couple days ago if I had veteran's day off. And I replied 'just like the last few years, nope... no I don't".

She got frustrated because her work has the day off while I don't. I said it'll be okay and it's not a big deal. And besides, I'll still be making money. Susan's less than thrilled about the employer I work for.

So I got home late from work last night, as usual, and found this sitting on the table...

[​IMG]

She's kind of cool like that :cool:

A bit early but thank you to all the vets out there. Those that we don't know, those that are involved with road racing, particularly the vets that came to help as our pit crew during the GNF endurance race (brought to use through Pete Cline at VETMS) [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

3. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Nice! :clap:

That's good stuff.

I finally get the day off in my present job. First job since being a consultant at the Federal Reserve where I get the day off, and I actually get paid for it this time. That said, I might be willing to work the day if I had me a woman who bought cupcakes because of it.

4. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

I have to work. However we have a janitor to do the things that were part of my job in the military. For that I am thankful. Maybe I'll bring Pedro a cupcake. :up:

5. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I don't think I ever got the day off even when I was in the military.

Always had duty that day!

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah but you weren't a vet at that point :D

Not sure if we'll have it off or not. Won't really matter much, got stuff to get done before hitting the road Wednesday.

7. madcat6183

madcat6183 2006 GSXR

Rumor is we have it off, since I work for a bank and apparently we are supposed to get these days off, for the first time in forever they are actually giving it to us?

In the end, Im taking the day off either way with my littleone and probably tell him stories about his Great Grandpa's and their service to the country. He's 3 months Friday so I doubt he'll get it, but someday he will, and he'll be proud of them too.

8. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I had one employer on Veteran's Day came up to me as I was getting in my truck to head out, gave me a hundred dollar bill, and got in my truck, said he was driving my route that day, and thanks for my service.

I was flabbergasted, and I've sworn that when my business grows to the point to hiring people I'll go out of my way to hire vets, and I'll do the same for them.

9. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

Thanks again for having our org work within your team. We'll see you in a few weeks for lunch in Nashville. :)

Loves me some cupcakes.

:)

10. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

11. GA_SVS

GA_SVS Define "normal"

mmmmm.... mini cake

Monday will be the daily grind for me too.

Thanks for your service, sir.

12. her68ss

her68ss Happily drama-free

Thank you for your service, Bryan, and to all the veterans who make us proud
    :clap:

13. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

No day off here,but we get 8 hrs added to our vacation time.

14. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

I got monday off but not for Veterans Day. Got a funeral to go to. Our shop doesnt get it off though. Hell they make us come in for half days on new years eve (and good friday). Sucks for 2nd having to come in 4 hrs earlier.

GA_SVS like the BOTP Keyop avatar.:D

15. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

We have to work but they bring in catering and throw a party for us for a few hours in the middle of the day, even have commemorative coins made every year. It's pretty cool. Actually, it's really cool.

16. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

Salute to all the veterans not only today but everyday.

17. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

+1

18. PirelliTireGuy

PirelliTireGuy Well-Known Member

000_0032.jpg
    Hangin in Afghanistan on my CH47D Chinook Helicopter. To all the Vets around the world, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!
    James Bock, SFC, GA Army Nat'l Guard

19. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

The last GiGi's cupcake I ate sent me into insulin shock. Hope you don't die from the frosting overload, but thanks for your service! :up:

20. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Great Pic, just did a story on some of of our local Nat'l Guard. We had 12 chinooks here in Stockton. They took them to Afghanistan and haven't all come back yet. The entire unit came back in July, the ships haven't all come back.