Scorpion EXO-700 users

Discussion in 'General' started by V5 Racer, Nov 4, 2013.

1. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

What are you using now or going to be using when you crash your last 700? To say the Scorpion line is "muddied" now is an understatement, a bunch of fancy helmets with one plain model is what I'm seeing.

2. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

I know right!

I dont want drop down visor or pump up cheeks.

I was waiting for the R2000 to come out, but it was taking too long.
    Got a Bell Star and i am pretty happy with it.

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I've got a 750, I think. It's the race helmet with the pump up cheeks. I like it but am thinking hard about a Bell as a replacement too. I'm getting leery of Scorpion's supply issues. I just need to try one on.

4. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Bells are awesome and they are from Mericuh!!!

5. mtmansl

mtmansl Well-Known Member

Are the Bell Helmets sold in Europe manufactured by a different company? BTW, I use a 700 as well, and am confused as to how the R2000 is only available on Ebay...

6. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Same boat here... got a new exo500, not crazy about it. Still some 750's out there on closeout that should have at least 2-3 years left on the dates.

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I don't think it's being officially distributed in the US, but foreign dealers are selling them and shipping them in.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeap.

9. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Yo Tristan, good to meet you at the GNF.

What do you not like about the 500? I've thought about picking one up.

10. Tristan

Yo! Good to meet you too. The 500 is better than the earlier models with drop down internal shield, but still has comfort issues in the forehead (the shield occupies space that used to be padding). Bigger problem is that the internal shield causes lots of distortion at the lower edges, a big problem if you sit more upright or are trying to look down at gages. I like the locking shield, and while I don't need the inflatable pads they don't cause any problems.

11. Vstate60

Vstate60 Jaspon&Armas, PA

Funny to see this thread. Couple months ago I ordered the last two EXO-400's I could find w time left on the date stamp....now I'm down to 1 already!
    I'd rather not drop the brand completely but all this fancy street shit is pushing me away.

12. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

I had a 700 before I got my new Nitek. It's light and pretty affordable for a nice ass helmet. My buddy cuts great deals on them.

13. Tristan

14. olgoodf3

olgoodf3 'Merica

I still have one 700 left, but bought a Bell Star from STG as my second helmet. It was the (second) best fit (behind my 700) for the price I'm willing to pay. I "used" a few 750s and they were ok. I'm not too keen on the street gimmicks either.

15. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

I'm rolling over whats left of my Bells.

RS1 Emblem Neon yellow/black XL and Small
    RS1 Emblem Matte Black Small
    RS1 Gearhead white Large
    Star Carbon RaceDay Medium
    Star Carbon Laguna Limited Large

PM me or call the shop... closeout pricing. 801-731-4070

16. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

Had a 700 I liked, went to the 750, which I also like. I didn't realize they dropped the 750. :(

17. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

When Scorpion first came out i had an option to go work for them. I thought for sure they would never make it in the crammed full helmet market.

18. styles

styles The untrained eye

Coming from Arai RX-7s and and Suomy Vandals, I'm enjoying my R2000 so far. The only gripe I have is the sizing. I usually wear small and their small is definitely more snug than other manufacturers.

19. BigHeadzDC

BigHeadzDC One Track Wonder

I wear the 750, and have the 2000 on order.

20. styles

styles The untrained eye

Oh and if Bautista's head survived with it then it's good enough for me. Excellent crash testing. lol