1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thanks!

Discussion in 'General' started by wcoats, Oct 29, 2013.

1. wcoats

wcoats Well-Known Member

I just finished my first season of racing on and SV650 and wanted to thank some of the people that have helped me out this year. This sport has a lot of awesome people and I'm glad I've gotten to experience it.(Names are in no particular order, they are all awesome and have helped out a lot.)

Ben Probst: I blew my motor in practice at the GNF and Ben drove a motor down and helped me install it. I am amazed that he was willing to do that and very great full. It ran like a champ and kept my weekend going

Pat Wurst: Been a ton of fun to race against him this year in LWT and is always willing to go above and beyond to help me or anyone else he knows at the track that needs help. Even though we were competing for the LWT SS Novice championship on Sunday he was up at 6:30am on Saturday helping me put a motor in my bike.

Huey and John at Marietta Motorsports. They have helped me out numerous times this year setting up my bike, troubleshooting issues, giving advice and just talking bikes and racing for fun.

Mike Rudiitys: He helped show me how to safety wire a bike when I was first thinking about doing a race weekend and has helped my countless times over the past year. He's been great to pit with this year and has always been ready to help me out and give advice.

Russell Masecar: He knows everything there is to know about SV650s and has given me a bunch of advice helping me pick out what SV to buy, how to set it up, trouble shooting issues, giving advice on bike set up and helping out with parts when I break stuff. He's probably one of the most selfless people I know and I'm great full for all the help.

Looking forward to another fun season of racing next yea and meeting some more great people.

2. scott65

scott65 Well-Known Member

Everyone of those guys are good peeps :up:

3. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Congrats on a good season.

4. benprobst

benprobst Well-Known Member

Glad I could help man! Was worth it even before you won a national championship, that was just the cherry on top!! Way to come back from an incredibly difficult start to a big weekend.

5. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Great job Will, congrats!

6. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Ok, after a first season have you actually set down, grabbed a beer, and assessed your own feelings, and your own success with the season? How do you think you can improve for the next go-round. Are you still having trouble swallowing butterflies when sitting on the starting line or have you learned to deal with them? I'm asking because it's been so long since I've set on a starting line I don't remember how I felt. :)