1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i feel like im in highschool again....sp/kmfdm

Discussion in 'General' started by joec, Oct 29, 2013.

1. darylbowden

darylbowden Well-Known Member

I just learned the other day that KMFDM stands for "kill motherfucking depeche mode."

2. Gehr

Gehr whAt mE woRRy?

Nein!
    Leider nicht Daryl.
    KMFDM = Keine Machdrenk fur die Massen

:Poke:

3. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I was probably there.

I think when SP played there Tank Hog was the opening band. Loudest sound I've ever heard.

4. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Hah! I'd scrounge all week for $20 bucks to pay for a ticket and a couple of gallons of gas to go with friends about every week.

What other shows were standouts back then.

NIN
    Faith No More -- the singer kept getting shocked from the mic.
    Jane's Addiction
    GWAR

Damn, just read the Boathouse and the Peppermint are both gone. :(

Damn brain cells, there were a lot more shows.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  5. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Nostalgia sells, but I have to admit I'm a little tired of seeing a lot of bands past their prime these days. And they are asking for good money too based on the fact that their fans have money now, as opposed to back in the day.

The best show I've seen lately where super cheap (Intronaut, Animals as Leaders), less than $20 and I din't feel like an old fart. Can't beat a young band at the top of their art.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  6. darylbowden

darylbowden Well-Known Member

I have to admit, I don't know much about any of it. From what I heard there was no confirmation on any meaning from the band, but anyhow I could easily be wrong.

Oh, and I like my version better anyways (although i do like DM myself).

7. joec

joec brace yourself

i like "kill me for drug money"

the early, post en esch stuff, is still my favorite. but really, they never went away. kmfdm has pretty much been touring non stop since the beginning. though i never like the new stuff they put out. and it seems lucia is singing more and more. while i like her, id rather listen to sascha screaming through his bullhorn into the mike

chaos, gotta agree 100% with you on the stuff after he died. just not the same. but the early stuff from rabies etc is still worth going to see again. and again. too dark park was a great show.

i think the tour ends in seattle or someplace in washington state. btw.

8. scott65

scott65 Well-Known Member

Melt is playing here next week.