1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2014 AMA Schedule?

Discussion in 'General' started by Chip, Oct 10, 2013.

1. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

i saw the words rough sketch and potential in that article, pretty sure its going to change

pocono would be nice, i could just drive home instead of getting a hotel, maybe it will come to that, going to some tracks that haven't been used in a while and some new ones

2. apexspeed

apexspeed Well-Known Member

do the 6 races scheduled for 2014 have a TV deal?

AMA and Road Atl are both owned by DMG so yes that is interesting.

heard rumors that this is also the last year for the Petit LeMans (and LeMans prototype racing in the US)

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You smoking the pot!?!? Pocono was a complete dump and dangerous. If they dump a ton of $$$ into that place, maybe but last time I saw it a B52 strike would have been an improvement.

4. Schitzo42

Schitzo42 dweeb

ISC now owns Road Atlanta not DMG. All parts of the same corporate France Family machine though.

This is the last year of the Petit LeMans for ALMS with the P1 cars and the WEC machines coming over to use it as a warm up and qualifier for the 24 hours. I believe there will still be a Petit next year with the new series. Just no P1 cars or the WEC teams coming over.

-steve

5. Rx3

Rx3 1%

I hope so. Because CBS Sports made a point to say that all the races would be televised next year in the NJMP broadcast.

If the schedule will have less races than last year, there is no reason why they should leave a race off the television schedule.

6. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

whole place is repaved with new curbing

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

DMG does not own Road Atlanta - the new Grand Am/ALMS company does and while it may share owners with DMG they are totally different companies. The company that owns the track will not lose money just to make the other company happy.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That is good, but unless the layout has changed and some other things have been done it's not enough for a pro race.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Petite is already schedule for 2014.

10. Schitzo42

Schitzo42 dweeb

Yeah, I knew I saw that last week when I was looking into WEC at COTA next year. Since Sebring and Petite aren't FIA anymore the only place to go see the P1 cars will be the race at COTA.

-steve

Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Bummer. Well, not really, cool track :D

12. lonewrench

lonewrench Mr.Charles

I think it's too early for doom and gloom,I will stand where I always do and that is with the glass half full. I just keep trying to do positive things to move the pile forward. At this point the AMA is where the best of the best are in this country as of now. I mean hell if there really are only 7 races for 2014 it means more pro's on the grid for WERA. :)

13. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Are you new here? Of course it's time for doom and gloom. This is AMA Pro we're stabing in the b.....er, talking about. :D

14. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

The transitions to the banking are outright dangerous after the repave at any kind of real pace. Much worse than before.

15. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

People like baseball. A lot.

16. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Not sure that does, really. :D

Might explain long-time sponsors like Castrol and Ford leaving the series/significantly lowering their involvement, and moving their money to places like the X-Games instead.

17. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

The TV package needs more of your in-race interviews Chuckster!

18. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

I'm telling you....

bring real road racing to the states....then money will start to come in

join up with X-games in cities as they have the pull when they're in a city to make road closures possible

wait....that's a great idea! who has some contacts at the X-games?

19. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

With all due respect Brandon, you're on crack.

:D

20. You can't even get the hippies to stop protesting long enough to have a decent rally stage on a road where no one drives regularly and you want them to shut down public roads for at least a week to race motorcycles that the general American population could care less about? Can you pass whatever drugs you're on over this way, I could use some optimism in my life.