1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The best helmet you've ever worn?

Discussion in 'General' started by trancework, Oct 8, 2013.

1. flygirl

flygirl Well-Known Member

My arai was my fav

2. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

I have a dozen of them at the shop on clearance. 25% off retail.

3. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

Ogk FF-5 by far

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

They haven't made those since rossi was winning often.

5. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

all the really well known makes(arai,shoei,shark,etc.etc.) will not fit me whatsoever. hjc cl-16 is what im using.ive landed right on top of my head twice with one,and so far no head issues,and so far no head issues,and so far no head issues........

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I dinged my bean while wearing an HJC CL and for a week all I would wear was Affliction gear and listen to Korn.

7. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

believe me if i started listening to korn i would go straight to arai and pay out the wazoo to make me a custom fit helmet!!! none of them(manufactures) would fit good regardless of size.not enough in between for my noggin.

8. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

I was a dedicated Arai-only rider since 1975 when my Mom bought a full-coverage Arai for me. It is the only piece of motorcycle gear my parents ever bought for me, and the only "approval" of motorcycling I ever got from them. I've owned at least fifteen Arai helmets, a couple Bell, and thought I had always owned good protective headgear.

Then NEXX-USA gave me an XR1R Carbon two seasons ago. The difference in comfort and view was enough to make me never go back. The light weight made a noticeable difference in neck "pump" on a long day, and the helmet (I've had three of them now) has kept my head fully protected in two fast wrecks where the helmets impacted the ground hard.

Most telling to me is that I have suffered several concussions while wearing Arai helmets, and figured that was just the nature of crashing. Two equally severe crashes with NEXX, and no concussions. I'm fully aware that personal anecdotes don't equal test results and massive data, but it is my head, I'll take the one that protected me best, thanks.

Also, an nice feature is that both crashes in NEXX, the shield stayed intact and securely closed. Every other helmet i ever crashed in, the shield opened or broke away. I wear glasses when I ride, and have always feared having them smashed int my eyes in a crash. It's good to know that NEXX has sorted out the shield retention thing.

I still wear several of my Arai helmets for street use, and local rides, but the NEXX is the helmet I use when I ride hard.

9. Sportbike Track Gear :up:

10. Rx3

Rx3 1%

I loved my Suomy Extreme Spec 1R. Went from that to a Shark RSR2 and never looked back.

Tried Arai and Shoei, didn't like either one; never fit properly despite changing pads, etc etc. The Shoei and the Scorpion let too much air in from the bottom and would dry my eyes out.

Also tried the Nexx at a motorcycle show, it was nice, but not nice enough to make me switch from a Shark. The material on the inside of the Shark felt more comfortable to me.

Planning to get a Shark Race R-Pro for next year.

11. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

My meat helmet from Rangoon.

12. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

Tom, is sizing and fitment comparable to the Arai? I wear a small in Arai, the RX7rr was the last Arai i had and i absolutely love the fit. Just curious about the NEXX.

13. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

This is what I wear also, I think the build date was very recent to the month I bought it in but it is a few seasons old now. I like it better than the arai it replaced.

14. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817