1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Laguna 2014 MotoGP!

Discussion in 'General' started by Mr Sunshine, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

you're so stoooopid! :crackup:

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It honestly didn't interest me either - but it is truly one of the coolest events I've been to. The entire town loves having everyone there and it shows.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Working on it, expect the events to be pretty close to 2013 with Jennings moving to September and the first Barber to June 28/29. :D

4. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

The rumor is the other way...WMRRA might add a round at PIR. :cool:

5. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

Absolutely. The track is not the most exciting but everything else about the event makes up for it.

6. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

I heard the fans ect. went apeshit crazy about wsbk being on 2 seperate days.

Anyways,wasn't laguna the shortest track on the mgp calandar?

7. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Good ape shit or bad ape shit?

8. Gehr

Gehr whAt mE woRRy?

Ha!
    NONE of my friends who have reserved campsites for MotoGP @ Laguna Seca bothered to get a campsite for the WSB event.
    Many of my camping neighbors were newbies as well.
    Just got done talking to one buddy & he is supremely pissed off @ MotoGP & Dorna in particular.
    Me, I am glad to see them (MotoGP) go!
    WSB is a much funner event IMO & my "lowly" campsite just got very, very popular...

:up:

9. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Do you know who's asleep out in Foona-Lagoona?

Two Foona-Lagoona Baboona!

10. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Wera National at Laguna....... Yea, it's a pipe dream

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We do it for sure depending on cost, I know we'd draw riders, especially since for something like that we'd open up the license stuff and accept other orgs.

12. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Has WERA ever run or looked into Laguna? Just curious if it is rediculous like COTA to rent.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Laguna is it's own world - you can't rent it. Well, you can, but because of the location they have restrictive enough noise rules that a number of stock bikes will not pass them. Add in the expense and it's just not feasible unless you can get in on one of the few weekends the restrictions are lifted.

14. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I know it isn't quite the same, but what about Sears Point. I've spoken with many that like that track better than Laguna. I know Ty's two favorite tracks are Barber and Sears. I don't know if the morning fog issues are any better, but the one time we were there with AMA, there was no morning fog.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sears is too far north for our core of racers out there and we would only hurt ourselves and AFM by doing that.

16. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I agree I wouldn't want to hurt AFM or WERA, but I'm thinking it wouldn't since AFM only races Sears 2 times a year, and I've heard many racers want to go to Sears more often. Sears track rental was much less than AAA speedway as well.

Regarding driving time, per MapQuest, Laguna is one hour closer to LA, so I think that is really a wash. The added benefit of being able to practice without sound restrictions and being able to get a full race day without fog wasting a few hours is nice.

17. Newsshooter

Without WSBK and GP there "Should" be more sound days available. Maybe someone at Yamaha could help. October in Monterey is almost always nice, I'll be there in 10 days, no sound limits. :D

18. caferace

caferace No.

WSBK is TBD.

-jim

19. Newsshooter

Which until confirmed means they aren't there. ;):Poke:

20. caferace

caferace No.

These days, until they're running FP1 they aren't there. :cool:

-jim