1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GNF Endurance Proposal... (for those that don't ever visit the Endurance Forum)

Discussion in 'General' started by couch, Sep 16, 2013.

1. latch

latch Well-Known Member

TOBC et al., you should join us for one or both of the final CMRA rounds at Texas World Speedway in College Station, TX:

October 5th: 6hr
    October 26th: 4hr

http://www.cmraracing.com/schedule.html

The track is fast and fun and the competition fierce.
    I expect to see 30-35 teams entered and we'd love to have some more...

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  2. couch

couch Well-Known Member

I wish you all were a bit closer... you run an outstanding program... with great competitors and a very supportive organization.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay take a step back. The proposal was not and I'd bet has still not been seen by Evelyne. I just pulled into the office this afternoon and Evelyne immediately went inside while I unloaded the RV to do the press release. I do appreciate it, I truly do, however with it only being posted here it takes a while for us to get to it.

The proposal as far as she was concerned at that time didn't exist. We were at NOLA and as those there can tell you we were WAY too busy to be on here. Yes, the press release says one thing - that can be changed. We hated to move Summit and we'd hate to go back on the press release but if we find a better idea we'll go with it - the ultimate goal is to do the best for ALL of our customers we can.

All of you who know Evelyne know damn good and well she wouldn't blow off any proposal from anyone and respond with a press release. That is absolutely NOT how she does things. Ever.

Now relax and give us a few to figure out what city we're in and talk things over along with the input we've gotten via email and BBS posts and go from there.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

CMRA Endurance racing does rock. However, this post is a bit crass don't you think?

5. latch

latch Well-Known Member

Sorry, definitely didn't mean for it to come across that way although I can see your pov, considering that this is a WERA forum afterall. Just intended to offer up more race time since they were asking for more.
    I'm equally interested in WERA events and wasn't taking a stab... In fact, my team has been discussing attending some WERA rounds next year.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No worries, I'm totally beat after this past weekend and missed your intent. My fault.

FWIW - totally serious about the CMRA series - endurance and sprints, always have and always will love the org.

7. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Awwwwwww, that's so sweet Mongo...

:D

8. latch

latch Well-Known Member

:up: Good stuff...

9. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Oh, you mean only posted here like the initial Summit Point cancellation notice?

Got it.

:crackup:

10. Rx3

Rx3 1%

:crackhead:

It was posted Saturday morning on their official social media pages (Facebook,etc.) as well as here on the beeb. :Poke:

They already stated they were out of the office, and they sent an article to RRW as soon as they got back which was today.

11. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Silly me for not checking a social media site first instead of the actual organization's homepage. Damn, where was my logic at?!

12. gixxercurt

gixxercurt Curtis Murray

I've spoke with several teams that this appeals to and that never race with WERA.

13. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Could Wera pull off doing both the RA endurance and the double round at Barber? From a rider stand point its a Win-Win, well participate-participate for this rider.

14. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Lots of respect to TOBC regarding this.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
  15. RacerB36

RacerB36 Well-Known Member

Awesome of TOBC to offer that up but an 8 hour race sounds really really expensive. Maybe just a 6hr with double points.

16. couch

couch Well-Known Member

Thanks for the support... I don't know if WERA intends to issue a definitive response but they have (again) declined the offer via email this morning and the Series will go on as described in the RRW press release... 4 hour ATL... 4 hour Barber (GNF).

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Evelyne made her call so it is what it is.

18. K Kling

K Kling Well-Known Member

So did they just decline the double header portion or did they decline the purse too?

19. couch

couch Well-Known Member

The purse was part of the combined event...so yes, both were declined.

20. K Kling

K Kling Well-Known Member

Wow, that seems extremely short sighted! Wouldn't the purse bring in teams from the CCS Team Challenge events, thus making the event more profitable for WERA?

Now that CCS is starting to run longer Team Challenge races (3hr and longer), I wonder how many teams will switch to their program instead of WERA Endurance.