Motorcycle Raffle To Aid Joe's Therapy

Discussion in 'General' started by rwood64083, Sep 11, 2013.

1. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

As most of you have read in other forum threads, Joe Pomeroy could use a little assistance.
    I can't offer much from a monetary stand point but I can offer a motorcycle to raffle off.

It's a 1999 Kawasaki KX60. It's in really great shape and low hours. I am the second owner. If I were to keep it I'd only try to race it in minis and that's just what I don't need... another bike to put on the grids :cool:

What I'm thinking is:
    5 dollar raffle tickets.
    Susan and I can start collecting at NOLA this weekend.
    I will bring the bike with me to RA and to Barber for viewing for anyone that may want to see what they're buying tickets to possibly win.
    Need not be present to win (so anyone racing vintage or endurance can participate if you leave before Saturday night at the GNF).
    Can purchase as many tickets as you'd like.
    I haven't finalized a delivery method yet but thinking as close knit group as we are, maybe someone would be willing to deliver in the event the winner isn't present?
    One hundred percent of the proceeds will go to help Joe and his family through his recovery process.

How's it sounding so far? Feedback and/or additional ideas concerning the motorcycle raffle are welcomed.

Not the best shot of the bike as this picture was taken before cleaning it up but this is what you'd be purchasing tickets for...
    [​IMG]

Moderator edit: the following is copied from post #42
    For those not familiar with using PayPal to send money, below are instructions help with your raffle ticket purchase.

Step 1. After signing into your PayPal account, choose the "Send Money Tab"
    Step 2. In the "To" box (email), type [email protected]
    Step 3. Put in the amount you would like to buy for the raffle tickets ($5/ticket)
    Step 4. If you chose 'I'm sending money to family or friends', you will be charged the processing fee. If you chose 'I'm paying for goods or services', the processing fee will be taken out of your donation.
    Step 5. Click 'Continue'
    Step 6. The next screen is confirmation, choose 'Send Money'

*Please make sure you leave your phone number in the Instructions/Comments box if this be the preferred method you'd like to be contacted. Otherwise we can contact you through the provided email.

2. rwood64083

Mongo, just thought of this...

can we make this thread a Sticky?

3. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Big :up:! Put me down for some tickets at NOLA this weekend. You could raffle off that old chevy in the background too. :D

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

Pretty awesome...maybe a paypal also for those that can not attend?

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well duh, gotta give me more than two minutes tho :Poke:

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:stupid:

7. rwood64083

I'll need a little direction on the Paypal thing. Only thing I know about Paypal is I use it to buy things :D

Do I set it up in my name?
    Money sent as a gift?
    If money is sent via Paypal, I suppose the sender needs to give name/phone number/address so I can enter some of that info on raffle ticket for them?

8. rwood64083

Didn't expect you to do it so quickly. You know I'm slow at everything :cool:

9. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Wonderful gesture Randy! :up:

10. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

You can't use Paypal for raffles, but you can just take "gifts" and get the sender's info. I do believe it'll cost a little more than 5.00 to the sender of said gift though. PayPal will want their cut.

11. rwood64083

Thanks George. Now I'm running through my mind wondering what else I have that would be of interest to raffle off to help out...

besides my wife's car
    :crackup:

:D

12. rwood64083

That's kind of what I was thinking. It is/was worth looking into. Thanks for the info.

I guess, for those that can't make it to the track, I can give you my address and I can write in tickets for you. Even better, if you have a buddy attending the races have them pick up tickets for you.

This is a learning experience and a work in progress. Thanks guys/gals :up:

13. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

even at the standard 3% its not much money. Being as 100% of the proceeds are going to Joe... adding a buck to each raffle entry aint much. :up:

You can put me down for 10 entries Randy

14. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Bravo Woody! :bow:

I'll take 10 too.

Heck, I'd bet you could go $10 a ticket and most of us wouldnt even balk.

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

:stupid:

but i do like the idea of a low entry point, because if someone just want to donate $5...then it's a low floor.

Great of you to donate your bike.

16. rwood64083

I thought about 10 dollar tickets but the lower the ticket price the more chances for the winner to have. Thanks for the support fellers. We'll make a good go of this and hopefully it'll help make a difference for crazy Joe.

17. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Randy,
    I'm awestruck. I can't thank you and the WERA family enough. Each day is still a challenge but I'm fighting the whole way. I am excited about my next rounds of therapy though. It will test me hard but after going through the pain I experienced the first 3 months I know it won't hurt as badly.

Thank you again all.
    Joe

18. lance89

lance89 Well-Known Member

Randy, I'm in for 20 tickets. Let me know how to pay ya. Lance

19. S Tsotsoros

S Tsotsoros aka General Tso

In for 10. I'll see you at Road A

:up::up: for doing this

20. olgoodf3

olgoodf3 'Merica

I think gifts via PayPal don't have a service fee. I look forward to purchasing some tickets.