1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tell me about the 2008 GSX-R600 titanium valves - and their problems

Discussion in 'Tech' started by jkb4c, Feb 7, 2011.

1. afm199

afm199 Well-Known Member

I was always able to find low mileage heads on ebay from wrecked street bikes.

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

That's what happened to my motor. Was about 6100 on the clock. Retainer came loose on one of the intake valves and it started tapdancing on top of the piston.

3. afm199

afm199 Well-Known Member

Yah I sucked a valve on mine. ruint everything. LOL

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Mmm hmm....I did get a decently low motor shipped up here from FL for only $600 :D

Mounted it up and dyno tuned it and it made more HP than the old motor did when I first got it :D

I do have a spare head with about 3K miles on that I was going to use to replace if anyone needs one 06-07 600

5. afm199

afm199 Well-Known Member

I've got a top end kit if anyone needs... pistons some valves rings rods etc etc.

6. Racing106

Racing106 New Member

Any more information regarding the stock Hayabusa titanium valves breaking?

7. Mike Lafayette

Mike Lafayette Well-Known Member

Not to derail the thread but I recently bought a 2008 GSXR750 with 9,000 track only miles on it. Previous owner said he checked the valve clearance recently with no adjustments necessary. If items were broken I would assume he would have seen it at that time. Do these have similar problems or are the valve components different?

8. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

hadn't heard any issues with busa motors. unless they are trying to run a bunch of boost or nitrous without a proper tune. Turbocharged guys are seeing ~300hp/125 ft lbs at the tire on conservative single digit boost #s on stock engines.