1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

organizing your gear ,tools and bikes

Discussion in 'General' started by flygirl, Jun 8, 2013.

1. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

:D That's just one of 'em. I got a few more just like that.

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

found those long magnetic strips and bowls to be handy for keeping clutter down.

3. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

:D

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I keep my leathers, boots, gloves, pillow, sleeping bag, and other misc items in one of these (although I hang them up when I get home so they don't mold/mildew):

[​IMG]

Spares go in a storage tub labeled "SPARES". I usually only take levers, clip-ons, fasteners, rear-set parts, sprockets, and other small stuff with me. I NEED to get an extra chain and master link to put in here.

[​IMG]

Tools and chemicals go in my Fat Max:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Personal stuff goes in a big duffel bag with wheels.

5. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

this ^^^

Fat Max is the best...:beer:

6. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

:rock:

7. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

Have stands for all of your bikes.

Attached Files:

8. Ryan636

Ryan636 Well-Known Member

I've seen quite a few of these at the track. Really love mine. Large Marge they call her. Just need to figure out a way to integrate my sockets into it so I can get down to one box of tools/spares. Maybe I should just get another Fat Max.

9. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Where's RD400racer? This thread is right up his alley! Broome would have a seizure if he walked into that garage.

10. DirtNap

DirtNap used, but not used up.

Fat Max FTW....

but the spares are in rubbermaid tubs :)

11. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Rubbermaids are good but suck if your limited for space in trailer or truck...they take up way too much room..

12. gluvnaa

gluvnaa Well-Known Member

I own a slightly different model than the Fat Max and my plastic 'locking' components are broken.
    [​IMG]

Saturday, I was actually @Home Depot to pick up a Fat Max b/c my toolbox has seen better days. I was turned off of the FatMax, because it took me 5 mins to figure out I had to pull on the wheels to open up. Is there a easier way ( no one in the store knew how else to open it)??

And, it seems the open/close metal mechanism would get wore over time.

Has your FatMax gotten better or worse to open/close over time? I really liked the idea but couldnt seem to like it enough to buy.

13. Brett A

Brett A Well-Known Member

EVERYTHING has its home.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm thoroughly impressed at the bike on the wall and the leather on the ceiling! Kick ass setup! :D

15. Brett A

Lol, fixed. I actually have even less on the floor and a better hanging system since pic was taken.

16. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Paging 2fer.

17. BigBird

BigBird blah

hmmm.. with these father day's sales, the FatMax looks great..but don't think I'll be able to pick it up after it's loaded with stuff without a ramp....

18. Brett A

Sorry Alicia , I read that to fast and thought you were talking about your trailer. But as an example I keep the garage the same way. Everything has its home and gets put up right after use. To hing irritates me more than not being able to find a tool.

19. flygirl

flygirl Well-Known Member

I really like that last one with the wheels :up:

20. flygirl

flygirl Well-Known Member

thats kinda the ideas I was looking for my garage..I need to find some hooks like that to put on the wall for hanging my gear