1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Job's: where to look?

Discussion in 'General' started by Captain Poo Poo Pants III, Jun 5, 2013.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You definitely have item 3 covered.

2. caferace

caferace No.

Capitalize.

:D

-jim

3. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

Never underestimate the advantages of using a headhunting/recruiting firm either... in a market like the ATL... you should be able to get some pretty good leads.

4. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I recruit and hunt for people everyday. Primarily I focus on engineering and professional aerospace candidates. Here is my advice..

1. Get on linkedin.com. It is one of the first places I check.
    2. Be open to relocation.
    3. Know exactly what you need in a full compensation sense.
    4. References are a key. Having a former manager is a big win.

If you have a good gig lined up, you are very fortunate coming frm retail.

5. caferace

caferace No.

I need to figure out a way to highlight my hardware quality expertise. I've tried, but it doesn't seem to attract yet. Software side I'm good.

hmmm.

-jim

6. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

Jim, SS and APQP experience? NPI history? PMP?

7. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

Everyone in ATL (seems like) wants Project Managers for cell tower installs or IT projects.

Matrix Resources is a pretty big one hiring in ATL now.

8. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

I don't capitalize mine in internal or longer-term vendor relationship emails.

Something to do with the servant leadership thing, I think, I forget why exactly.

dave

9. caferace

caferace No.

My HQA is from the Medical side so that is a bit of acronym soup. ISO 13485 and of course 9001, IEC 60601 part 3 (which is insane) ... then the usual on the software side.

I am however, a PMP. :D

-jim

10. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

Your in NorCal, there's a million places wanting Medical Device project/program leads, no?

SS is six-sigma, APQP is autoparts quality, but applies to tons of manufacturing (PPAP, PSO, etc).

Yeah, I'm a certified PMP, too. Wanna see my PMP hand?

(I just started an MBA program, so I won't get the PgMP this month, though I'm eligible. They want a few dollars for that acronym)

11. caferace

caferace No.

Whatever I was going to do, I would have to move away from my gal. And I'm old and have a second job which scares employers because I speak my mind but never about them.

Kinda sucks.

-jim

12. Let me know how that works out. :D

:moon:

13. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity, why does everyone outside of retail shit on retail experience? Ive learned more about business, sales, customers working retail than a BS and MBA ever taught me? I just always hear how retail experience means nothing in corporate america and stuff like that (specialized fields are obviously not included).

14. Scooter_428

Scooter_428 Member

No the site is free, they do ask that you to submit an anonymous review about a current or former employer though. However, I use the app all time and look up all the information I need.