1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who wants to jet ski/boat to the Bahamas this year?

Discussion in 'General' started by 675AV8R, Apr 23, 2013.

1. caferace

caferace No.

Rent a mini-sub. That way you can recoup the cost of your trip on the way back with ... "contraband". :D

-jim

2. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Congrats guys on having the balls for a real adventure and actually doing it! I've been living off and on in the Bahamas for the last 4 years. I work on boats and have been to most of the islands in the Bahamas. First you should have semi flexible dates and alternate locations to pick from depending on wind direction and weather. Sometimes I run our jet skis from Nassau and in the wrong conditions I'm over it in about 10 minutes. Andros is awesome but LOTS of mosquitoes and doctor flies. The joulter Cays are unbealivible. Its lots of flats with skinny channels. Fresh creek has some hotels. The berries are cool also. I have the most fun on jet skies in shallow flat water which the berries has lots of. We do charters in the exumas every week and thats where its at. You can island hop the whole way down with something new everyday. In my opinion you are trying to cram to much in to little time. Most of the Bahamas is pretty similar as far as beaches, reefs, fishing and spearfishing. With the exception of way south or Rum and San Sal. I would spend less time getting pounded and find a cool area, relax and enjoy some cold kaliks! If you guys stop by Nassau the first rounds on me. Also if you plan on camping bring a mosquito net and light as big a fire as you can. :beer:

3. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

I think we've pretty much decided to just go to Bimini and chill on the beaches there. I was all for a longer trip and going to other islands but I think I've been shot-down on that :crackup: Going to Grand Bahama last year was incredible but we hardly had any downtime. Looking forward to kicking back and relaxing this time.

4. 675AV8R

I'm a pilot, could fly it back far easier :D

Looks like there are some great vacation rentals available. Thanks for the tip kangasj. :beer:

5. if you're looking for vacation rentals use www.airbnb.com

it's mostly privately owned home's that people rent out and their are reviews from people who've stayed there. it's got something like 190ish countries.

6. 675AV8R

Nice. I was on www.vrbo.com but I'll check that one too.

7. 675AV8R

Ok headcount time. Who's in for sure and who is a possible? Need to start making some room reservations soon to make sure we have a place to stay.

8. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

I'm a strong strong possible.

9. 675AV8R

Heard that before :D

For those of you that want to go and don't own a ski: http://www.jetskirentalflorida.com

Looks like the company we went through last year is still your best bet. They were very easy to work with, and now that there is a group of us going on owned skis I wouldn't have a problem telling them from the beginning what the plan is. Price looks to be about the same, $250/day with a 3 days for the price of 2 deal. I'm sure they would work a deal for 4 days. Seems they have some newer skis now as well. They'll also deliver anywhere in South Florida so if you're flying in or riding down with someone, no need to worry about picking them up. Would be worth a look if you don't own a ski.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
  10. dale-505

dale-505 Ride Safe!

I'm In.

11. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

I would do it if we were all taking boats!
    sounds like a blast.

12. 675AV8R

Boats are for pussies :D

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Or, he could carry your shit for you! :Poke::D

14. 675AV8R

Hey, he said "if we were ALL taking boats" not "if there was a boat going" :crackup:

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Tell him everyone is taking a boat. What's he gonna do when he shows up? Turn around?
    :D

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

PWC's are technically boats. Just smaller ones.

17. 675AV8R

Oh yeah, no shit? :up:

18. Dunlop

Dunlop Well-Known Member

In work

Awesome! I am listing my my bike for sale tonight :D

19. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

exactly :D

It can carry a whole lot of them too. :p

and no Mr. Thiam, I am not going to be their nautical porter!

unless you fuckers tip well.

20. 675AV8R