250's at Barber in May

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by Bruce Lind, Apr 13, 2013.

1. 70yamahaR5

70yamahaR5 Well-Known Member

Any update on how many of these are going to Barber. Hope to see them!

BTW, who makes those front end stands?

2. Bruce Lind

Bruce Lind Well-Known Member

Stands are from Battle Factory in Japan. Can be sourced thru Rising Sun Cycles.

The Bruce Lind Racing Traveling Circus will have
    five TZ250's being ridden at Barber with the for sale 98 model on display.
    At least three other people have said they will be there as well for at least eight 250 GP smokers.

Bruce Lind

:clap:

3. 70yamahaR5

70yamahaR5 Well-Known Member

That's awesome. Can't wait to see them. And thanks for stand source.

4. cspargo

cspargo Well-Known Member

Guess I should have been paying a little closer attention. Be tough to have a reverse cylinder ready in time to go to Barber.

Can we make it a tradition and do it again next year? Lord, I miss racing with real racebikes. :)

5. Bruce Lind

Trying to make this my 50th and last season.

Bruce Lind

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm sure you can make it your 50th. Doubtful on the last part :D

7. cspargo

cspargo Well-Known Member

Do it at a proper grand prix track like Road America. :)

8. Bruce Lind

Sean,

Since this is my 50th season, and I've already ridden, I can check that one off.

Now if I can just find a way to stop after this season, that will be the hard part.:Poke:

9. Bruce Lind

The BLRTC will be at Elkhart in July. Even if it is with that other organization.

10. charles

charles The Transporter

It won't be fair if you're not there...burn the midnight oil like you used to do and come on down...you need to get off the reservation anyway, Chief.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That was absolutely fantastic, I could stop grinning every time you guys were on track in force. Thank you.

12. spode

spode Well-Known Member

The Formula 2 race yesterday was a blast. First time I got to race with REAL race bikes on my lowly SV. Went to pull my warmers at third call and noticed they weren't on. Damn power had tripped about an hour back. Didn't even realize it. FML. Did the best I could after I got the holeshot the first couple laps untill my tires got up to temp. I was for sure I was going to tuck it a couple times. Bring those smokers on back anytime. :beer:

13. Bruce Lind

It was a pleasure bringing the BLRTC to the WERA event at Barber.

Always a well run, friendly atmosphere. And the Barber layout cannot be beat.

All of the Circus members had a great time.

It was to bad that Jeff Johnston crashed in the coaster on Saturday and fractured some ribs as it made for a painfull weekend and especially when he rode on Sunday and discovered a few more ribs that were talking to him.

Jeff Pratt was returning from a two year break, and rode really well during the impromtu two stroke event, when all the smokers but Jim Bonner lined up at the back of the B superbike / V7HW class and had our own friendly battle. Pratt lost the front in the last corner of the last lap, but only his pride was injured.

Great time was had by all. Gave us a SEG everytime we had on the helmets. Next ride will be at VIR in June with that other organization.

With luck we will have a smaller version of the BLRTC at the Wera event at Las Vegas again in November.

Thanks again.

Bruce Lind
    Bruce Lind Racing, LLC
    Owner / Operator of
    The Bruce Lind Racing Traveling Circus

:beer:

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If the Vegas thing happens remind me again so I can remind Ulrich, he missed the post in here and needs some prodding to bring his out :D

15. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I hope that happens in Vegas. I would love to see a group of these out in full force. I don't think I've ever seen more than 2-3 on the track at one time. I'm sure Vince Rolleri would want to make that and last time I was at Chuckwalla there was a fast guy riding a Honda 250, but I didn't catch his name.